Kohree RV Water Hose?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Yavne

Hello guys,

In last few years we were using standard (white) Camco drinking water hose. I am looking to upgrade it to something more light and flexible.
I see Kohree water hose is on sale now (50ft for $51CAD). But I don't see any review on this hose (expect Amazon).

Does any of you have any experience with this specific brand?

Thanks!

I don't know anything about that one, but I just recently bought a 50 ft Zero G hose on Amazon for $38 https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N1FB9EE/ In polls done of RV forums it seems to constantly come out as the number 1 pick, with Flexilla hose often being number 2. I have been using a Flexilla hose for the last 3-4 years, so I was curious about what was so good about the Zero G, While I have only used the Zero G hose once, I can see it becoming my go to choice if I am not in a rush to fill (Zero G is 1/2 inch internal diameter my Flexilla is 5/8 inch so flows more water)

ZeroG also has 5/8" hose. What I love about it is how easy to store. I am not sure about the Flexila, but doesn't it stay round? My ZeroGs, 1 50 2 25's have been in service 4 to 5 years now..

ZeroG also has 5/8" hose. What I love about it is how easy to store. I am not sure about the Flexila, but doesn't it stay round? My ZeroGs, 1 50 2 25's have been in service 4 to 5 years now..
Flexilla hoses stay round and flexible well down into single digit temperatures. And you don't have to lay out the entire hose when you're only a few feet from the spigot.

I have a Zero G hose, 50 ft I think, paid about $25 at Lowes on a clearance three years or so ago. I actually don't use it alot, but I really do like it. I coil it into a bucket.

zero-g-hose-in-bucket-jpg.160355

1672083349472-png.160349

Charles

I also carry 2, 25 foot flexzilla hoses. No sense in using 50 foot hose where a 25 will work. The second hose is for 'just in case'.

I've had a Zero G hose for 4 years on my RV and Zero problems. So many people on this forum believed Flexilla hoses were better so I bought a genuine 75' Flexilla for my house 3 months ago. Total waste of money and the name is an advertising gimmick. Zero G weighs at least 80% less and when you coil it up it completely flexes and stores in 10% of the space. Whereas the FLEXilla really doesn't flex any more than a high quality rubber hose, and takes up just as much storage space. The weight and flexibility is a big factor when I take the Flexilla up on the roof of my RV to wash it. I'll going to leave my Flexilla by the campground dumpster. If you see it feel free to adopt it. You'll have my sympathy :)

I also carry 2, 25 foot flexzilla hoses. No sense in using 50 foot hose where a 25 will work. The second hose is for 'just in case'.
Same here. In fact, the site we're at now in OH I had to use both 25' Flexzilla hoses as well as 2nd sewer hose.
hoses_.jpg

I even have a third sewer hose and 50 amp power cord extension unused in reserve. Hey, can't be too prepared these days!

I've had a Zero G hose for 4 years on my RV and Zero problems. So many people on this forum believed Flexilla hoses were better so I bought a genuine 75' Flexilla for my house 3 months ago. Total waste of money and the name is an advertising gimmick. Zero G weighs at least 80% less and when you coil it up it completely flexes and stores in 10% of the space. Whereas the FLEXilla really doesn't flex any more than a high quality rubber hose, and takes up just as much storage space. The weight and flexibility is a big factor when I take the Flexilla up on the roof of my RV to wash it. I'll going to leave my Flexilla by the campground dumpster. If you see it feel free to adopt it. You'll have my sympathy :)
Try coiling up that rubber or plastic hose at 5 deg.F. A Flexilla hose coils up just as easily and just as small at 5 deg. as it does at 80 deg. And as I said, you don't have to let the entire hose unwind to use it.

I am not familiar with that brand but upgraded to the Zero-G hose and it was much easier than the standard hose.

Try coiling up that rubber or plastic hose at 5 deg.F. A Flexilla hose coils up just as easily and just as small at 5 deg. as it does at 80 deg. And as I said, you don't have to let the entire hose unwind to use it.
If I was full timing I might care but I'm not camping or washing my RV when its 5 deg. And I would still bet the Zero G would be more flexible at 5 deg.

If I was full timing I might care but I'm not camping or washing my RV when its 5 deg. And I would still bet the Zero G would be more flexible at 5 deg.
It would be interesting to see how well it expands and retracts at low temps like that. And there's still the problem of needing to let the full length of the Zero G hose expand even when the spigot is just a short distance away.

It would be interesting to see how well it expands and retracts at low temps like that. And there's still the problem of needing to let the full length of the Zero G hose expand even when the spigot is just a short distance away.
The Zero G hose doesn't shrink or expand in length. It is what they call a "lay flat" hose in the manufacturing and mining world. Like a fire hose. It also doesn't swell up under pressure like my Flexilla does. Maybe because the Zero G is rated at 600 lbs burst pressure vs 150 for the Flexilla.

The Zero G hose doesn't shrink or expand in length. It is what they call a "lay flat" hose in the manufacturing and mining world. Like a fire hose. It also doesn't swell up under pressure like my Flexilla does. Maybe because the Zero G is rated at 600 lbs burst pressure vs 150 for the Flexilla.
So you still have to lay out the entire hose to use it? My Flexilla hoses do not "swell up" when pressurized, and the burst pressure is 500 psi with a 150 psi working pressure. The pro series hoses have a 600 psi burst pressure.

Last edited:
While I like my flexilla water hose, having recently bought a Zero G hose I think it will tend to be my go to hose most of the time. Having said that I really love my Flexilla air compressor hose, it is way better than any air hose I have ever used before.

So you still have to lay out the entire hose to use it? My Flexilla hoses do not "swell up" when pressurized, and the burst pressure is 500 psi with a 150 psi working pressure. The pro series hoses have a 600 psi burst pressure.

No, you only lay out enough hose to reach the faucet. You are thinking of the cheapo stretchable hoses advertised on TV. The Zero G is just like a flat fire hose with a tough canvas like fabric covering. The Flexilla I bought was not the "pro" version and had 150 lb rating. And it visibly expands when the water is turned on, which is unnerving to me. But the low end Flexilla cost more than the low end Zero G with 4 times the burst pressure.

I agree on your experience with Flexilla hose. Mine ended up in the trash as well as it did not perform for me as it was cracked up to be.

No, you only lay out enough hose to reach the faucet. You are thinking of the cheapo stretchable hoses advertised on TV. The Zero G is just like a flat fire hose with a tough canvas like fabric covering. The Flexilla I bought was not the "pro" version and had 150 lb rating. And it visibly expands when the water is turned on, which is unnerving to me. But the low end Flexilla cost more than the low end Zero G with 4 times the burst pressure.
Thestandar Flexzilla hose has a 150 lb working pressure and a 500 lb burst pressure. Check the link I posted above. At this point I think we should just agree to disagree on the value of each brand. Have a great day...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dlord
Back
Top Bottom