Looking for a vacation rental

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lbneedsarental

Hello,

My family and I are visiting the USA in the summer for a vacation. We are landing in New York City and departing from Washington DC. During our trip we planned on a one way RV rental from the New York City area to the Washington DC area. We have contacted Cruise America but they cannot offer us a one way RV rental for our requested dates, 3rd August - 12th August.

Could anyone offer any suggestions on who else to ask. We have tried googling but everything comes back to Cruise America!

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Lewis

Try El Monte RV rental, but I'm not sure if they operate in the east of the US.

While I only have experience on driving about half of this route, you could not pay me to drive an RV from New York City to Washington, DC, this is a heavily traffic corridor known for dense traffic along much of the route, and few if any RV friendly tourist attractions along the way.

That's not great RVing country, which is probably why RV rentals are limited. If I wanted to do that, I'd head west of New York City along I-76 to I-81 to pick up the RV and then travel south to around Gaithersburg, MD or Winchester, VA and drop the RV at that point. Meaning you need to get local transportation into the Washington DC area. You would not enjoy piloting an RV along the busy NYC-to-Baltimore/DC corridor, nor will you find RV parks there.

Camping World and El Monte are two other big RV rental concerns, but one-way rentals are usually offered only between popular RV destinations. RVShare.com and Outdoorsy.com also act as agents for private RV rentals, but few if any private rentals will do one-way (they would have no way to get their RV back!).

Ask about rv rentals in/near cities such as Port Jervis, NY or Allentown, PA. They might be able to accommodate you from there.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom