MOUNT MAGAZINE STATE PARK

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ohiosnowbird

We’re looking at going to MOUNT MAGAZINE STATE PARK in late September or mid October. I’ve read reviews but wanted to see if anyone here has actually been there. How’s the road to get there, could there be snow? MOUNT MAGAZINE STATE PARK is in Arkansas and is at it’s highest point. Thanks for any information you can offer.

We’re looking at going to MOUNT MAGAZINE STATE PARK in late September or mid October. I’ve read reviews but wanted to see if anyone here has actually been there. How’s the road to get there, could there be snow? MOUNT MAGAZINE STATE PARK is in Arkansas and is at it’s highest point. Thanks for any information you can offer.
No chance of snow this late, been there many times, great hiking and drive over to Petit Jean while you're in the area. The falls should be a spectacle about now. Arkansas does a great job with it's parks. The roads are fine.

Your signature says you have a 29 ft class C, have you been to mount magazine state park, can your coach even handle the road to get there? I have been there, but it has been many years, one of the things I remember about the park was the road getting in and the tight switchback turns, perhaps they have improved the road, since I was last there.

Your signature says you have a 29 ft class C, have you been to mount magazine state park, can your coach even handle the road to get there? I have been there, but it has been many years, one of the things I remember about the park was the road getting in and the tight switchback turns, perhaps they have improved the road, since I was last there.
That’s why I’m asking! I can’t tell from reading or just looking at maps or google earth. If we can’t handle the road, we won’t go!

That’s why I’m asking! I can’t tell from reading or just looking at maps or google earth. If we can’t handle the road, we won’t go!
The State Park on Magazine has both 30 amp and 50 amp hookups indicating RV's regularly negotiate the road up. It's not that steep a climb either (I've raced bikes up it) so the switch backs are not that close or sharp..

Back
Top Bottom