My Reno house being cased out?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My neighbor has a security light that faces our home and lights up the bedroom whenever it goes off. Does your light point towards another home. If so, maybe a neighbor just figured this was a simple solution to an annoying problem.

My neighbor has a security light that faces our home and lights up the bedroom whenever it goes off. Does your light point towards another home. If so, maybe a neighbor just figured this was a simple solution to an annoying problem.
No, the cameras they guy moved down only face my house and the garage.

But I noticed something interesting today. Those two cameras cannot be seen from the front of the house. To see these cameras, one has to walk onto my property, at least the driveway. They are on the opposite side of a tree limp from the street.

So whoever did such, has either been on my driveway or in the front of my house before this happened.

-Don- Reno, NV

That is not the proper way to handle that. The neighbor should have asked to have them moved or turned. If that does not work then shoot them out with a BB gun.....

Not a problem in our neighborhood for the last 30 years.
Most of my neighbors own dogs and guns...
Safe travels and all the best.

Have you got any trail cameras that would be able to be put somewhere to catch vehicle plate and face?
A couple of game cameras like Jackie said wouldn’t hurt. One pointing each direction may pick up a license plate.
Do you trust your neighbors? Ask them to walk around your house every day and report back to you if they come across something.
I would also put a table lamp on set up on a timer. Go on at whenever and off at whenever. Leave one shade open so the light can be seen from the road. A radio set up on a timer wouldn’t hurt either just like the light. Make sure it’s loud.
It's funny how well those work. Now that we live in a suburban area instead of really rural, people don't have the mindset to think about those kind of things. We've only been here a week and already a neighbor told us she had had packages ripped off from her front porch. So I put up my trail camera pointing at her door (with her permission), and 2 days later it caught a neighbor kid taking some cushions from her porch chairs.

She took the pics and showed them to the manager, the manager contacted the kid's parents, the kid brought back everything he had taken, and I don't think he is going to be sitting down for a while.

It's funny how well those work. Now that we live in a suburban area instead of really rural, people don't have the mindset to think about those kind of things. We've only been here a week and already a neighbor told us she had had packages ripped off from her front porch. So I put up my trail camera pointing at her door (with her permission), and 2 days later it caught a neighbor kid taking some cushions from her porch chairs.

She took the pics and showed them to the manager, the manager contacted the kid's parents, the kid brought back everything he had taken, and I don't think he is going to be sitting down for a while.
How old was the kid? If he was 12 or older, I would have called the police. Did they ever get the packages back? Would that be a federal offense?

Don't know, probably about 12 or 13.

Yes, he brought it all back. Don't know about the offense.
I think a ride to the station in a squad car in cuffs, finger printed, mug shot and a few minutes in a jail cell would have been a real eye opener

I think a ride to the station in a squad car in cuffs, finger printed, mug shot and a few minutes in a jail cell would have been a real eye opener
I agree, but things work differently when you're dealing with a minor. First, you can't take them to "jail", you would have to take them to a juvenile detention facility. And, depending on the state, you can't do the cuff/fingerprint/mug shot thing unless it's some kind of major felony. I know, it sucks, but we're not in the 1970's anymore...unfortunately.

I agree, but things work differently when you're dealing with a minor. First, you can't take them to "jail", you would have to take them to a juvenile detention facility. And, depending on the state, you can't do the cuff/fingerprint/mug shot thing unless it's some kind of major felony. I know, it sucks, but we're not in the 1970's anymore...unfortunately.
Oh I understand but if the kid had a good set of parents, I’m sure they would welcome this process. You would need their approval. I know I would if it was my kid.

Back
Top Bottom