My Reno house being cased out?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Small town with a resident deputy.
We let the resident deputy know we will be gone, and he puts us on the vacation watch list. This basically means he will do a more frequent drive-by and look at the house a bit closer when he does.

It also helps our son-in-law is the County Sheriff. ;)

We have smart bulbs. You can put them on and off at set times and manually.
I have a couple of thingies where I can control lights at random times in Reno from here in Auburn. But I have not had them connected up in a while, but I soon will.

I already got my Y2k smog test done in Reno, it passed okay, and I am now back in Auburn. I will be driving my Tesla back to Reno in about an hour.

While I was in Reno, I gathered up all my motorcycle keys (were left in the bikes) and locked them all up in a bolted down gun safe there. That's where they will live from now on. I don't want to make things too easy for them.

Very nice warm day even at the 7,240' summit. So that means the roads are very wet from melted snow. This is the only spring day we had for a while and no more of these nice days are coming any time soon.

-Don- Auburn, CA

In reality, I'd suspect this is garden-variety prowling by someone fairly local who knows where the quiet areas are and may be watching homes for activity. More than likely, it's a habit of theft which supports a drug habit. Being a harder target than the guy next door is usually enough to keep those kinds at bay. Or spooking them enough to move on.

I don't think I'd be posting my whereabouts at specific locations/times on an internet forum in general, or where I leave my toys or other assets, and certainly not where I'm hiding keys.

Did ya ever bother to make a police report?

Oh, I noticed a person that has you on ignore is following you anyway. tee hee

Let the police know what is going on.

Small town with a resident deputy.
We let the resident deputy know we will be gone, and he puts us on the vacation watch list. This basically means he will do a more frequent drive-by and look at the house a bit closer when he does.

It also helps our son-in-law is the County Sheriff. ;)
I think a lot of small town departments will do that but not sure if it would have helped in this instance.

I don't think I'd be posting my whereabouts at specific locations/times on an internet forum in general, or where I leave my toys or other assets, and certainly not where I'm hiding keys.
I doubt if these scumbags will be checking out these forums.

And even if they do know keys are in a bolted down gun safe, it's unlikely to do them much good. Besides the fact I have six gun safes in this house. And I can view from anywhere. Odds are I can call 9-1-1 faster that they can get to my keys.

-Don- Reno, NV

And I think they also know Don.
Why would you think that? Some cars get broken into around here also--but so far, only when the doors are unlocked.

It probably really freaked out somebody in my old Jeep a few years ago. I had the alarm wired in such a way that it would go off if any of the doors are opened, even when unlocked (lock didn't work and I didn't get around to fixing the lock). Using the KeyFob was the ONLY way to open the door with no alarm the way I had it wired up.

Once the alarm went off at around 0400 hrs. No doubt the door was then opened. My next-door neighbor had his GPS ripped off out of his unlocked car a few nights before that.

Nothing got removed out of my Jeep. Guy must have ran as soon as the alarm went off.

-Don- Reno, NV

But what good will it do? If there was a way to ID the guy then I would. Or if anything more serious happened.

-Don- Reno, NV
Not sure if it would do any good but I also do not see any harm in it. Who knows maybe they might patrol the area a little more. I think someone sneaking around your yard in the middle of the night is pretty serious.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoadSage
Back
Top Bottom