Need Help (window gasket)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Johnny225

Hey all!

I’m not usually one for forums just due to the amount of time that one can wait to get a response, so I was thrilled to find that the forums here were active!

With that being said, I’ve been searching for 2 days straight with every bit of free time I’ve had to locate the top gasket on the windows of my 84’ prowler regal travel trailer.

The previous owner decided that thick beads of sealant everywhere was the solution to stop leaks, and I’m in the hopes of doing things right as I renovate this thing into a new life!

Images attached are a side section of the gasket / seal, as well as the exterior view.

Also if anyone knows what type of paint they used over the aluminum siding that would be helpful as well!

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• IMG_2739.jpeg
    IMG_2739.jpeg
    85.4 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_2747.png
    IMG_2747.png
    439.1 KB · Views: 10
That's sort of a flapper that covers the top (hinge) of the window itself, so probably listed as a window part rather than a gasket. Try searching for "awning window hinge cover" or "awning window hinge gasket". Here's one such, though perhaps not a fit for yours.

Here's another window parts supplier that offers quite a few parts for awning windows.

This one looks close!

I also meant to ask - if I find a seal cover (like that goes in the tracking to cover screws) that will fit in the space, do you think it would work to use that, or would it possibly restrict the opening of the windows?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Matenateson
Back
Top Bottom