New entertainment system

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MGH

Just sharing. This all went largely according to plan.

This past weekend I took a break from trying to sort out my list of other systems (2000 Fleetwood Bounder 32H). Went from empty cabinets (besides existing 120V electrical) designed to hold an old CRT TV to a whole new system.
  • 40" smart TV
    • wifi and Airplay
    • Mount folds down for access to cables/ports and cabinets
  • DVD player
    • via HDMI port
    • Made an over-engineered bracket which slots into the existing cabinet at the lower right to keep it from bouncing around
  • Internal antenna (the white plastic rectangle inside the cabinet)
    • Also installed mounting screws aligned with passenger side to adjust reception.
    • Attempted to raise rooftop antenna for first time since purchasing RV, and decided against it as it seems pretty frozen in place. This antenna/placement gets better reception than what we get inside the house.
Besides purchasing the TV new, I already had all other materials on hand (appropriated the DVD player and antenna from a lesser used TV in the house where we usually just use the Firestick). Nothing super special here. I was just glad to have a project that went according to plan and finished in one weekend. Now... back to that generator that won't stay running...

Attachments

• 20230708_142724.jpg
    20230708_142724.jpg
    124.9 KB · Views: 11
  • 20230708_143608.jpg
    20230708_143608.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 11
If you can get on the roof that antennae will have an "oil here" port for that gear that will make all the difference. You can apply to the other areas exposed.

If you can get on the roof that antennae will have an "oil here" port for that gear that will make all the difference. You can apply to the other areas exposed.
Thanks. I'll have to give that a try at some point. So far the internal antenna pulls in a reception perfectly.

I'm constantly amazed what my Wineguard antennae pulls in, especially since adding the Wingman addition. It's most likely connected to a booster, you should try and get it operational, the turning function can net additional channels sometimes.

Back
Top Bottom