“No EVs on a dead planet”

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The irony of their "No EVs on a dead planet" is that on places like the moon, Mars, and other planets that don't sustain life, EVs are the only practical vehicles for moving about..

If people stopped having so many dang kids, that would help.... maybe?
The problem there is that though the Rich can go to a concert. or a movie. or a play or a ball game.. With tickets often in the triple digits. (I remember when Concert tickets were less than 20 bucks. often less than 10 and movies. A dollar or two)

The poor can't afford that so what do they do for fun... Don't answer that. But more poor children are often the result.

Today.. I often ask which is environmentally better ICE or EV. AT THIS TIME I think it's a competition but times are changing as we go to less damaging production of electricity .
More and more wind/solar/hydro and even nuke power. The palisades plant here in Michigan is being re-commissioned. Not a new plant (it's been there for years) but The owners shut it down.. New owners are re-commissioning.

The problem there is that though the Rich can go to a concert. or a movie. or a play or a ball game.. With tickets often in the triple digits. (I remember when Concert tickets were less than 20 bucks. often less than 10 and movies. A dollar or two)
I think we were middle class when I was growing up. Went out to eat once a week. No movies or concerts though. My parents purchased a home when I was probably 3 years old. New car every 3-4 years.
We go to concerts every now and then. Taking the grandkids to see Stomp in June. Wife and I occasionally see a play in NYC. Take a couple of cruises a year. We aren’t rich. After I retired the second time we stopped saving money and do not spend anything in our investments. I keep hearing how so many are struggling now but I’m not seeing it.

We aren’t rich. After I retired the second time we stopped saving money and do not spend anything in our investments. I keep hearing how so many are struggling now but I’m not seeing it.
We are the same. It’s because you (and I and many others) worked hard, saved and lived within your means. New cars every 1-2 years, running up debt and CC’s, etc—gotta have what I want and want it now mentality is killing so many.

So many think I’m rich. But I still work piloting oversize loads so I can have things, take time off, and not touch my IRA’s or 401’s.

There is nothing to ask. It has all been figured out. Did you watch the video here? I know you were in that thread.

-Don- Reno, NV
Yes I did but the video failed to convince me.. As I said "I often ask which is environmentally better ICE or EV" There are many who claim to be experts. Many who claim to have figured it out. Not all agree and it's far enough above my pay grade that I can only ask.

Now in days to come.. It will switch to EV's being best... but at this time.. I'm am not convinced.

There are many who claim to be experts.
Yes, I have noticed that also. But the ones who claim ICE are cleaner or as clean as EVs can usually be caught in lies every time, other than the one issue that EV's are not as clean to build, which is true, because of the mining for the lithium and perhaps other stuff. But everything else more than makes up for it, and it's really not even debatable at this point. The tire BS almost had me convinced for a little while, until I checked more into it.

-Don- Reno, NV

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rubytuesday
Back
Top Bottom