PA340 underpass near Bird In Hand, PA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

boatmanea

Planning a route that uses PA340 heading west toward Lancaster, PA. Can someone please verify bridge clearance? We need 13' 6"

Low clearance (12' 5") declared on IATA website as west of Bird In Hand, PA. Same on Coach-Net. On Google Maps, the marker on the bridge is 13' 6" but I just want to be absolutely sure, otherwise I need a way around.

If you need 13' 6" and yes, the sign on one side says 13ft 6in (the sign on the other side is blurred out) I would plan for a detour. There are a lot of low underpasses in that area, but if you turn right on Beechdale Rd and go to the end of it, then left on Stumptown Rd, and go to the end of it (or veer left on S View Dr.) either way you turn left on Mt Sidney Rd and it passes OVER the train tracks. Right off of Mt Sidney back onto 340, total detour is 3.1 miles minus 3400 ft between where you turn off 340 to where you re enter 340.

I'm sure you have already looked at this on Google Maps, that is what looks like the easiest, least winding way to do it. Good Luck.

Charles

Back
Top Bottom