Please School Me on Class A Tires and Wheels!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I had a 2002 coach on a Workhorse chassis and 8.1L engine. It was an offspring of the previous Chevy motorhome chassis (Workhorse bought the Chevy chassis business in 1999). Excellent gas coach chassis!

Your biggest problem with 8R19.5 tires is the size is obsolete and very few brands remain in production. None of them well-known brands either. And as others have stated, tire rotation isn't a concern with motorhomes unless you have an alignment issue that causes uneven wear. Front to rear rotation isn't worth the effort/cost.

The wheel in your photo definitely has a wheel simulator (cover). The actual wheel underneath will be 8 or 10 lugs. None of the Chevy or Workhorse P30 chassis came with 5-lug wheels.
My P30 has 5 lug front and 10 lug rear, wheels are interchangeable.
I am running the 8R19.5 on the rear and a metric on the front that is slightly wider and noticeably improves handling and ride.

Thankkfully save for the fridge ,furnace, Air Conditioners and water heater most RV stuff same as house stuff. appliance wise .My dometic Microwave for example was really an LG (Lousy Goods) household Microwave with a new label. the Product ID label had the LG model number on it .

Back
Top Bottom