Plywood vs OSB

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Good luck, I might remind you (maybe a new thread if you choose) There is a lot of marketing brochure fluff, Do not any any circumstances think your 2022 GM will pull anything near 9500#, unless it is a wagon on flat land. You need to understand payload, and what you can put 'on' your truck after it is finished on the assembly line with whatever options said truck comes with (it will be listed in the drivers door jam). My special order F150 maxtow ecoboost, I wouldn't put more than a 25' TT, 28' bumper to tongue, or over 8k absolute max weight. Others do more but I like to boogie 65-70 mph down the hwy in a fairly safe environment.

1. Any issues with your F150?thisbpast march i tried trading my truck for a 3.5 EB 2023 but these dealers were being stingy on trade and stingy on their price so i gave up..
2. The Jayco or GD im looking at weights less than 5KLB.. i was told you take your max towing weight(9500) subtract 2000 pounds, and dont exceed that.. that is going to be the safe weight to tow..

No RV manufacturer is going to use marine grades in construction so that's a red herring.
The only difference between marine and exterior plywood is there are no voids in the inner plies of marine grade. But they seldom use exterior grade either. Subfloors are widely considered an interior use. Which they are until a leak appears...

The only difference between marine and exterior plywood is there are no voids in the inner plies of marine grade. But they seldom use exterior grade either. Subfloors are widely considered an interior use. Which they are until a leak appears...
Marine Grades are thinner ply’s but more of them and they’re hardwood, no pine or other soft woods, they use a waterproof adhesive and a 4x8 sheet costs a small fortune now.

Standard 3/4" plywood sheathing is $23.83 per 4X8 sheet

Severe Weather 15/32-in x 4-ft x 8-ft Pressure Treated Southern Yellow Pine Plywood Sheathing is $48.18 per sheet1/2"
Marine Grade Plywood 24" X 48" is $62.10 per sheet

All of these were at my local Lowe's store.

The No Boundaries line up uses marine grade in their roof

Standard 3/4" plywood sheathing is $23.83 per 4X8 sheet

Severe Weather 15/32-in x 4-ft x 8-ft Pressure Treated Southern Yellow Pine Plywood Sheathing is $48.18 per sheet1/2"
Marine Grade Plywood 24" X 48" is $62.10 per sheet

All of these were at my local Lowe's store.
What is standard plywood and I would invest heavily in $23.83 sheets of 3/4"- 4'x8' plywood of any grade as a hedge against inflation. Here $23.83 will get you a 2'x4' cut piece. 3/4" T&G OSB subfloor decking here can be had for about $30.00.

What is standard plywood and I would invest heavily in $23.83 sheets of 3/4"- 4'x8' plywood of any grade as a hedge against inflation. Here $23.83 will get you a 2'x4' cut piece. 3/4" T&G OSB subfloor decking here can be had for about $30.00.
I wouldn't invest in any building supplies as a hedge against inflation. Back in 2008 we were starting to build a garage add-on to our new house. When the housing market collapsed our local Home Depot was practically giving stuff away via rebates, etc. which reduced our construction costs almost in half.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fth
Back
Top Bottom