Propane hose change out

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I replaced my old worn out rubber with braided steel. When I disconnected old hoses, they had a ball bearing, plastic screen & plastic sleeve [see attachments] in them. Are the old hoses made with some check valve or something? Or did these come from the regulator & just dropped into the hoses when I disconnected them?

Thanks in advance - JD

Attachments

• oldhose1.jpg
    oldhose1.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 7
  • oldhose2.jpg
    oldhose2.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 7
  • oldhose3.jpg
    oldhose3.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 7
The ballbearing is the anti-backflow valve and is common on gas/air lines. I don't know what the plastic sleeve and screen are.

Looking at the photos I can not be sure but it looks like the brass check valve (Backflow preventer) screws into a coupler on the host as well as whatever it screws into.

The ballbearing is the anti-backflow valve and is common on gas/air lines. I don't know what the plastic sleeve and screen are.
I would say the plastic screen and sleeve are to hold the bearing in place.
The hoses I just bought as spares have the check valve built in to the ACME nut.

A little more context would be helpful. Trailer? Motorhome? Where is this hose end connecting to?

Pic of the hookup would be helpful too. Trailer pigtails normally don't have anything like this in the end of the hose. They do have a excess flow fuse built into the connector where the green ACME nut is.

Charles

I would say the plastic screen and sleeve are to hold the bearing in place.
The hoses I just bought as spares have the check valve built in to the ACME nut.
But the ball bearing I've only seen in the female connector and are spring loaded and held in place by the interior flange. His picture with the plastic screen and bushing are on the male side.

the new braided hoses newPropaneHoses.jpgseems to be working fine without the anti-backflow bearing
Charles; I have a 2016 Fuzion 5'er [FZ416] - here is the setup 20240428_133706.jpg

You might want to take that regulator and heave it off in a lake, Massive propane regulator recall. (Please read all 23 posts in the thread, its informative)

Even if it was not recalled by the trailer manufacturer, it may very well be defective. Grand Design for example recalled them on the bumper pulls, but ignored the fact that the same defective regulators were on 5th wheels also. Follow the link above for information on it.

Charles

Last edited:
You might want to take that regulator and heave it off in a lake, Massive propane regulator recall. (Please read all 23 posts in the thread, its informative)

Even if it was not recalled by the trailer manufacturer, it may very well be defective. Grand Design for example recalled them on the bumper pulls, but ignored the fact that the same defective regulators were on 5th wheels also. Follow the link above for information on it.

Charles
Charles - your link above takes us to Amazon for a "Camco 39562 Clear 3.5" Sewer Hose Adapter"

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GoldenOldie
Back
Top Bottom