Refugee from RV.net

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RRinNFla

I had been a member at RV.net for over 15 years, but not active for several months. So here I am, a newbie once more, looking for the same type of community that I once had.

I haven’t found a profile page, but I am on my second fifth wheel. I currently have a 2014 Crusader 32ft, towing with a 2022 F250. I live in NE Florida. My wife and I usually take one longer RV trip per year, to sightsee and visit our daughter in Iowa. We prefer State parks and COE Campgrounds.

I had been a member at RV.net for over 15 years, but not active for several months. So here I am, a newbie once more, looking for the same type of community that I once had.

I haven’t found a profile page, but I am on my second fifth wheel. I currently have a 2014 Crusader 32ft, towing with a 2022 F250. I live in NE Florida. My wife and I usually take one longer RV trip per year, to sightsee and visit our daughter in Iowa. We prefer State parks and COE Campgrounds.
Welcome to The RV Forum. Glad to have your experience here.

You can find your profile by clicking your name at the top of this page (to the left of Search).

Welcome to a forum that is for the members instead of one that was made to look like a bad travel mag to make the designers happy. You will find a lot of RV.NET expats on here. I personally give the Good Sam site to the end of the year before they run out of ten year old posts to resurrect and shut down due to lack of interest.

Welcome to a forum that is for the members instead of one that was made to look like a bad travel mag to make the designers happy. You will find a lot of RV.NET expats on here. I personally give the Good Sam site to the end of the year before they run out of ten year old posts to resurrect and shut down due to lack of interest.
It is, (or was) a toxic hate and anger based forum. I have visions of Homer Simpson’s dad standing outside yelling at the clouds when I think of the average user on that forum. 😂

This forum has improved a lot in the 6 years I've been here. I almost quit because I prefer a Class C and they were ridiculed whenever they were mentioned. Often like EVs for reasons which were not true or not true for everyone.

Most people here seem to have accepted Class C as a viable option for those not living in them full time. And the vast majority of campers are not full timers.

Welcome to the forum. Wednesday evening there is a virtual campfire where we sit and chat for around an hour. It starts at 7 PM Eastern, and the easiest was to enter is to go to the string site and somewhere near 7 the moderator will post a reminder which contains an icon to click on. As with most campfires, no politics or religion, but everything from trip planning to meals can and will be discussed.
Y'all come in to see if it suits you.

Ed

Welcome, I too used to participate over there, I think I joined that forum back around 2006, but was never really all that active.

Welcome! I think you'll find this forum to be different from most of the others. Friendlier, more helpful, probably more knowledgeable and thoughtful. Not nearly as snarky.

Greetings RR. Glad you joined us. DH (Dear Husband) and I have been members for 8+ years and have benefited from great advice from other members. We've also enjoyed meeting up with other members and keeping in touch over the years with other members. Hope you will join us on Wednesday nights for our Fireside Chat. I'm the Moderator and we would love to have you join us. I post the announcements under the Shade Tree Forum.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeeRob
Back
Top Bottom