Removed vinyl flooring - what to do next?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JoanofBarks

Been in my RV for nearly 15 years! The vinyl floor finally gave up and started cracking so I had to pull it up. Now down to bare plywood (not OSB). I can't replace the floor immediately, so in the meantime should I waterproof the plywood? I'm not the handiest and not young ;) Obviously I need to do something for the plain floors but I don't want to make things worse by choosing the wrong product or approach. I was looking at the product Semco as a possibility. Reason I don't put in a new floor right away is that there is a 3/4 to 1-inch gap (lip) from the slide out and I want to make it all level (RV is permanently parked). So to add 3/4 inch to the rest of the RV = $$ and I can't do that and put in a new floor at the same time. Thanks for any advice!

If the floor is not going to get wet, personally no worries about living on a bare floor. If you feel better, a simple sealer such as Thompson Water seal and a paint roller would be an easy, pretty effective indoor sealer.

Thank you! Oh it gets wet in spots and dirty thanks to dogs so I need to do something. I'll look into the products you recommended. 😉

Back
Top Bottom