RV Life Network

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

garyb1st

Just received a notice saying our account is about to expire. We can renew for $65.00. Only problem is we don't have an account. At least I'm not aware that we do. The thing that concerns me is RV Life Network is a company that has acquired many forums over the past few years, including this one. The RV Forum is one of 40 according to their website. So if I don't pay $65 do I lose access to the Forum?

Sounds like a scam. If you never paid for the subscription, I worry. Do not open that email.
I never paid anything and have access to the forums.

When RV Life acquired the RV Forum I was curious about who they were and why they wanted the Forum. When I realized how many other Forums they had already acquired it became obvious. In spite of the fact that they claim it's really all about their love of RVing the real reason seemed pretty obvious.

I can help with this... RV LIFE is a network of websites and services for RVers. This includes a large group of forums. Forums predated some of the paid services (like Trip Wizard and RV LIFE GPS). From time to time RV LIFE has given out free memberships to RV LIFE Pro (paid service for trip planning and RV safe GPS) to forum members who have made a lot of posts or sent in Campground reviews.

One of those forums is iRV2 and I'm betting that you had a reward subscription based on posts you made there. Your subscription may be expiring and RV LIFE has sent you a notice about that. It won't auto renew although you can choose to renew if you desire. You can let it expire without your forum access here being changed or affected. When your RV LIFE Pro subscription expires, you'll lose access to Trip Wizard and the GPS function on the RV LIFE mobile app but no other changes.

Last year I posted on IRV2 one time. Can't imagine that qualifies for much.

I'm aware of but don't use Trip Wizard. Never heard of the GPS function on the RV LIFE mobile app. Then again, as mentioned I didn't know I was a member which brings me back to my first post. Why am I being asked to renew. And if I don't send in $65.00 what do I lose?

If it came by email, I get frequent emails from RV Life using Mail.RVlife.com. This seems to be a legitimate email address. Look at the address closely.

Sorry to tell Janet this, but the new app has made it so difficult to use thati don’t post campground reviews anymore. I used to post them for every place we stayed, but it just takes too many steps these days. I kept getting those “renew your membership” messages every time I searched for a place too. At least those finally stopped. I don’t use RVLife for anything except the forums anymore. Too bad because CampgroundReviews.com was a fabulous resource.

I got the notice, too, and when I went to login it asked for my Forest River Forum credentials. I wasn’t a big poster there and was definitely never notified but it’s showing as a reward subscription. If I knew I had it, I might have used it and liked it and maybe had a desire to subscribe but I didn’t, so nope!

Attachments

• IMG_4109.jpeg
    IMG_4109.jpeg
    76.2 KB · Views: 1
In spite of the fact that they claim it's really all about their love of RVing the real reason seemed pretty obvious.
I don't know, we have a Suburu Outback and the Suburu TV ads assure me the only reason Suburu builds and sells cars is "love" love. Until now I'd mistakenly thought most shareholder owned corporations would use their dead mother's skin to upholster the office chairs if it turned a profit.

I got the notice, too, and when I went to login it asked for my Forest River Forum credentials. I wasn’t a big poster there and was definitely never notified but it’s showing as a reward subscription. If I knew I had it, I might have used it and liked it and maybe had a desire to subscribe but I didn’t, so nope!
Teaser subscription - makes total sense.

I am sure you won't lose any access Gary.

I am a member of an MG site. Sole proprietor kind of guy - not exactly true but small enough I felt good supporting him. I sign up for the Gold membership each year for $50 (main benefit is no ads) but if I didn't I would just revert to unpaid member and start getting ads.

I got one of those too.. Also do not recall signing up... And of course since I'm not living the apartment life (And loving it as I did the RV life) I simply hit the Trash can icon.

Back
Top Bottom