rv rain gutter spout and screw trim cover questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rockwind1

i am not sure if my "j" metal rain gutter is an unusual size or not. it has the track for the vinyl screw cover trim stuff but i am not sure whether to order 3/4" or 1" 1" is supposedly the industry standard. the opening width on mine is about 5/8"'s of an inch, ( this is not counting the thin slots where the flat parts of the trim would pop into. i hope i am describing this right. trying to upload a pic, not sure if i can.

the lower "J" part below the trim slots sticks out a solid 3/8's" i want to put some rain gutter plastic extensions on it but all the ones i find seem stupidly made, like they either pop onto existing spouts or they have a super wide mouth up against the J metal,,, hmmm. hopefully my pics work. i don't have any existing spouts on mine, the metal gutter just dead ends

anyone bought screw trim lately? how did you measure width?

appreciate any insight

Attached Thumbnails

Attachments

• IMG_0037.jpg
    IMG_0037.jpg
    155.3 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_0038.jpg
    IMG_0038.jpg
    141.8 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_0039.jpg
    IMG_0039.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_0040.jpg
    IMG_0040.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 3
What year/make/model of RV is this?

I don't think there is an "industry standard" rain gutter. Or even having a gutter. And insert sealing strips vary too, though 1" is the most common. Each manufacturer has his own notion about this stuff, and those that make several brands may use different trim on different product lines.

Is this one close to what you have? Or are the gutter and the insert trim two separate pieces?

What year/make/model of RV is this?

I don't think there is an "industry standard" rain gutter. Or even having a gutter. And insert sealing strips vary too, though 1" is the most common. Each manufacturer has his own notion about this stuff, and those that make several brands may use different trim on different product lines.

Is this one close to what you have? Or are the gutter and the insert trim two separate pieces?
hi gary,, it is an 2007 attitude toyhauler 33fakg

and thanks for the pic, now i know i need 1"
although my gutter is not quite shaped like the one in your link.

any tips on brands of screw trim cover that will last in the nevada sun?

gutter.jpg

Back
Top Bottom