Testing Spelling check system

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

carson

Now is the tiem (time) for all good men to come the adi  (aid--)  of all etc.....

Spelling check works ok now check now.  I used system restore to yesterday. Guess we don,t have a bug.

carson FL

carson said:
Now is the tiem (time) for all good men to come the adi  (aid--)   of all etc.....

Spelling check works ok now check now.  I used system restore to yesterday. Guess we don,t have a bug.

carson FL

I've noticed several times when the spell check won't work. But a few minutes later it almost always works fine.

I always assumed it was a problem at:

http://www.rvforum.net/SMF_forum/index.php?action=spellcheck

-Don- SSF, CA​

Don,

If you're talking about the Spell Check option in the forum message composition screen, then you and Carson are talking about quite different things.

FWIW the forum software records every error, and I've never seen a Spell Check error.

Don,

Carson was using the built in spell checker in Firefox which is unrelated to the forum spell checker.

Ned said:
Don,

Carson was using the built in spell checker in Firefox which is unrelated to the forum spell checker.

If Carson needs two spell checkers, his spelling must even be worse than mine! ;D

My FF spellchecker has always worked finex (fine). I assume that's the spell checker that made that "finex" turn red on "preview".

-Don- SSF, CA​

DonTom said:
My FF spellchecker has always worked finex (fine). I assume that's the spell checker that made that "finex" turn red on "preview".

That's not the way my FF spell checker works.  It just draws a red line under any word that I mistype (immediately).

Tom said:
Don,

If you're talking about the Spell Check option in the forum message composition screen, then you and Carson are talking about quite different things.

FWIW the forum software records every error, and I've never seen a Spell Check error.

I cannot say I have seen an error. But I have seen the forum's spellchecker take more than ten minutes to load the message into the spell checker, forcing me to abort. This is when the rest of the forum is working fine. But I still assume it has something to do with the weird hours (such as 0300 hrs  or so) I sometimes post in here.

It's not a bug, I just sometimes get on line when this forum is doing it's maintenance stuff or whatever.

-Don- SSF, CA​

aka Porky said:
That's not the way my FF spell checker works.  It just draws a red line under any word that I mistype (immediately).

Oh yeah, it does. Perhaps I just never noticed until the preview, as that is the only time I reread what I type.

-Don- SSF, CA​

But I still assume it has something to do with the weird hours (such as 0300 hrs  or so) I sometimes post in here.
It's not a bug, I just sometimes get on line when this forum is doing it's maintenance stuff or whatever.

Don, that should have changed significantly since we recently moved to a different server. The combination of more resources and a different backup scheme should have all but eliminated the 4 hours or so nightly slowdown. I'm here at weird hours and, although I can't say for sure I've been here at 0300 hours PST recently, I haven't seen the kind of issues we previously had.

Reminds me I need to check the schedule and process for the automatic server software updates. The way they ran on the old server, they'd intermittently shut down services while installing the updates. That typically lasted for an hour.

Tom said:
Don, that should have changed significantly since we recently moved to a different server. The combination of more resources and a different backup scheme should have all but eliminated the 4 hours or so nightly slowdown. I'm here at weird hours and, although I can't say for sure I've been here at 0300 hours PST recently, I haven't seen the kind of issues we previously had.

Reminds me I need to check the schedule and process for the automatic server software updates. The way they ran on the old server, they'd intermittently shut down services while installing the updates. That typically lasted for an hour.

I think you're correct. It's 0200 hrs and it's all working great. Spellchecker and all.

-Don- SSF, CA​

Thanks Don. Be sure to let me know if you see the prior issue and please note the time.

0207 hours.

Tom said:
Thanks Don. Be sure to let me know if you see the prior issue and please note the time.

0207 hours.

Tom:

Naw, it's jsut 12:12AM in Honoulu. ;D

Well I'll leave you to it, have ti be up at 7:00AM to watch kindergarten caroling. 8)

Back
Top Bottom