The States with the most EVs? Big change?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Per-capita represents a better picture (as the article describes, EV's per 100k people). Otherwise the most populous states would probably always have the highest number of EV's.

I guess Florida man doesn't prefer an EV.

Wow. We are going to be travelling and camping with our EV and trailer in a bunch of those states starting in May. We have a 10 state western US tour of about 6 weeks planned. Some of them we are just dead heading thru (Tip of Arizona, Nevada) but the rest we’ll be seeing first hand how the infrastructure is.

Should be fun. 👍

we’ll be seeing first hand how the infrastructure is.
As long as you can charge both CCS and Tesla, you probably will not have any issues even with you only getting half the range by towing.

In NV it is all CCS on HWY 50. Mostly Tesla S. Chargers on I-80. A lot of the CCS in NV are EV-Connect. And some EV-Range.

But there are several CCS not working these days so check Plugshare for the latest who have charged.

Every EV-GO fast charger I have used are now out of service. Most for more than a year. EV-GO is removing all their 50 KW chargers and replacing them with 350 KW. But they sure are slow about it!

Southern AZ & NV can get very hot in May. Like 40° C. or so.

-Don- Reno, NV

As long as you can charge both CCS and Tesla, you probably will not have any issues even with you only getting half the range by towing.

In NV it is all CCS on HWY 50. Mostly Tesla S. Chargers on I-80. A lot of the CCS in NV are EV-Connect. And some EV-Range.

But there are several CCS not working these days so check Plugshare for the latest who have charged.

Every EV-GO fast charger I have used are now out of service. Most for more than a year. EV-GO is removing all their 50 KW chargers and replacing them with 350 KW. But they sure are slow about it!

Southern AZ & NV can get very hot in May. Like 40° C. or so.

-Don- Reno, NV
Yah. We are doing some hiking and camping at end June in Utah and then head straight to a spot just north of San Francisco. We’ll probably overnight in Harris ranch. And then a slow Oregon and Washington west coast tour to port Angeles where we’ll take the Ferry to Victoria.

We scouted things out on plug share. The majority will be superchargers and a few others. Looks okay. We’ll figure it out. We always do.

We are getting recommendations to hit bodega bay and Sunoma county, Petaluma etc etc. I haven’t zeroed in on it to see exactly where it is yet but we have some time to figure it out yet.

We are getting recommendations to hit bodega bay and Sunoma county, Petaluma etc etc. I haven’t zeroed in on it to see exactly where it is yet but we have some time to figure it out yet.
I have been to all those places, but many years ago and never in an RV. Those were mostly day trips from where Tom & I then lived.

We often would tow our boat to WhiskeyTown Lake and camp overnight on one of the many boat-in campgrounds. We (four of us including the two doggies) would be the only ones there.

1711324505079.png

I’m sure AK is far down the bottom half and will remain there for the foreseeable future. :eek:
No doubt about it. You even have more oil to unload than Texas! And AK is not the best place for EVs--at least not yet.

But come to think of it, it's not the best place for people either. :)

BTW, I have no idea why, but I see a lot of AK license plates here in Reno.

-Don- Reno, NV

No doubt about it. You even have more oil to unload than Texas! And AK is not the best place for EVs--at least not yet.

But come to think of it, it's not the best place for people either. :)

BTW, I have no idea why, but I see a lot of AK license plates here in Reno.

-Don- Reno, NV
Any yet Yukon is the third highest adoption rate of EV’s in Canada. BC is first, Quebec second. Once BC hydro finishes the corridor to Yukon (and Alaska) Yukon adaptation is expected to surge. The biggest thing they like about them is winter operation. I get that. Our tesla is by far much more convenient in winter than our old grand Cherokee.

Last edited:
Our tesla is by far much more convenient in winter than our old grand Cherokee.
Yeah, such as warming up faster, even without an engine running. All from a cold start after just a few seconds of heater warmup.

Does your MY have a heated steering wheel? My M3 doesn't. Or if it does, I have not yet found it. My Bolt does. Along with everything the Tesla has, such as heated seats.

-Don- Reno, NV

Yeah, such as warming up faster, even without an engine running. All from a cold start after just a few seconds of heater warmup.

Does your MY have a heated steering wheel? My M3 doesn't. Or if it does, I have not yet found it. My Bolt does. Along with everything the Tesla has, such as heated seats.

-Don- Reno, NV
Yep. Our model 3 didn’t. But I think new ones do.

Yep. Our model 3 didn’t. But I think new ones do.
Yeah, I assume they made improvements in the M3 over the years since 2018. So has the Bolt. For one thing, my 2022 Chevy Bolt can "fast" charge a 55KW instead of only 50KW. They beefed that up 5KW in 2022, the year of mine. As if that is a big deal. Probably the main reason they discontinued the Bolt.

The new Chevy Equinox EV will Fast Charge at 150 KW. Sounds more reasonable for year 2024. But not an issue to me. I only care about the home charge. On the Bolt it is 11.0KW, very close to the Tesla max home AC charge rate (11.5KW).

If I were going to drive a car a long way, I would take my Tesla, with the 250 KW charging. But still only 150 KW at the countless V2 Tesla Superchargers still in service. I hope those all get replaced soon. Not for the lower charge rate, but the CCS compatibly start with the V3 Superchargers.

I just looked it up. The heated steering wheel came to the Tesla M3 in year 2021.

-Don- Reno, NV

There I fixed it for you.
Well, I am glad you enjoy living in AK. Not my type of place. However, right now here in Reno it is 30°F/-1°C.

But in Wasilla, AK right now it is 35°F/+1.7C.

Warmer there than here today. But this is colder than normal for here.

BTW, you have five hours of snow coming tomorrow night. Here it warms up a little and stays dry.

-Don- Reno, NV

Folks can have cold climates. I remember going out to start my little diesel Colorado in 0 degrees and colder. Talk about hard on an engine. Couple times I had to leave a car overnight in that kind of weather, they needed some serious thaw and warmup time in the morning.

Our BMW has a heated steering wheel, seats, console, and door armrests. Same for the rear seats. It's not so much "luxury" as it is the fact that conductive heating is just more efficient. And it does feel wonderful when the body is tired and cold. The heat pump can still bake you out with hot hair, and there's no warm-up time. Doesn't feel nearly as good as the heated surfaces.

Per-capita represents a better picture (as the article describes, EV's per 100k people). Otherwise the most populous states would probably always have the highest number of EV's.

I guess Florida man doesn't prefer an EV.

I see many posts elsewhere "California has the most _______" but when I googled I found one more thing California has the most of ... PEOPLE.. so when you do the _____/100,000 citizens.

The rankings change.

So your point is very well made.

Back
Top Bottom