Total Eclipse 2024?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I read the best conspiracy theory to date, on a conspiracy theory website I visit for laughs.

The theory goes: All those covid shots everyone got over the past couple years contained a secret drug that was engineered to be dormant. The drug can only be activated by an eclipse. All those people traveling to see the eclipse will be affected by the drug hidden in the covid shots.
The remain unaffected by the drug, stay away from the path of totality. Don't let FEMA/Illuminati/UN (or whoever is the current villain du jour) control you.

I love a good conspiracy. They can be very entertaining.
Oh no... I got the Covid vaxx and the booster, am in the path of the totality (Dallas) AND AM a member of the Illuminatum!

Beyond this place of wrath and tears looms but the horror of the shade,
Yea, I stand in marvel and in wonderment of life's path made.

Illuminati 2.jpg

Its ok, the Texas weather forecast is suggesting this may be a moot point anyway with rain in the current forecast for much of Texas for the 7-9th

Central Indiana forecast is cloudy, but if past weather reports hold true, might be a sunny day.

Forecasts can change, an odd one is Hotsprings Arkansas forecast partly cloudy on Monday the 8th, with about 50% cloud cover at noon, but also .36 inches of rain in the forecast for Monday, with rain also in the forecast for Sunday and Tuesday.

We have our rv at a ‘permanent’ spot just outside of Lampasas TX., we will head over this Saturday(to beat the Sunday rush) and hang out there for the craziness. Like others have stated, this is not the first one I will see, won’t be the last. Early prediction is for a cloudy/rain day, but it will still get dark in the middle of the day, that’s whole idea right?

In Pittsburgh, the forecast is for partly cloudy during the event, and rain a few hours later. We're supposed to have about a 97% coverage of the sun.
The weathermen have a hard time predicting tomorrow's weather, let alone a week away.

Still looking like my back porch in Southern Illinois might be one of the best places in the country for viewing.

Carbondale IL and Southern Illinois University were identified as the center line for the eclipse in '17 as well as the one in '24. I'm not sure what may happen this time but in '17, many news and weather related agencies set up camp and broadcasted from this area. On the day of the event and hours before, many of the area highways leading to Carbondale were packed with no place to go. At the time of the event, with no place to go, cars were lined up along the road for miles with the occupants outside their vehicles watching the eclipse. It then took many more hours for this to all clear out. I'm just happy I can experience it from home.

I’m planning to take a few photos during the totality. I have a theory that the gravitational force around the sun bends light.

Carbondale IL and Southern Illinois University were identified as the center line for the eclipse in '17 as well as the one in '24. I'm not sure what may happen this time but in '17, many news and weather related agencies set up camp and broadcasted from this area. On the day of the event and hours before, many of the area highways leading to Carbondale were packed with no place to go. At the time of the event, with no place to go, cars were lined up along the road for miles with the occupants outside their vehicles watching the eclipse. It then took many more hours for this to all clear out. I'm just happy I can experience it from home.
My wife and daughters are driving (together) about 90 minutes away so they can experience totality for about 3 minutes. I'll be sitting in my driveway and experiencing 99.7%.

My wife and daughters are driving (together) about 90 minutes away so they can experience totality for about 3 minutes. I'll be sitting in my driveway and experiencing 99.7%.
You should go. 100% is the most amazing thing to see.

I've heard that Eclipse can affect living creatures in unpredictable ways.
However it never occurred to be that it could start a week or more ahead of the event.

There seems to be a lot of odd behavior cropping up in the news, and in the several forums that I visit.

hmmm,...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Knuckles2828
Back
Top Bottom