TV not finding Cable signal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lonestar Guy

Help! My NBA game is coining on in an hour and a half!
I have maybe only once before used the cable TV setup in my trailer… and if I remember, I had a heck of a time trying to get it to work.

I have a TCL Roku TV. I can get live TV but with Cable hooked up and when I search, it finds nothing. I’m not sure I understand the connection plate (photo attached).
Where should the cable be connected and should the button be ON or OFF? Any other hints?

I know… it seems like it should be easy. I called the office at this KOA resort and they said no other reports of issues.

I should say, I have tried to hook it up multiple ways, to no good effect.

Thanks!

Attachments

• BFF6A4BF-7F02-4234-A105-9F2F1D1D4661.jpeg
    BFF6A4BF-7F02-4234-A105-9F2F1D1D4661.jpeg
    226.7 KB · Views: 12
  • DE90642B-C1B3-4982-8CD5-0DC90C62318E.jpeg
    DE90642B-C1B3-4982-8CD5-0DC90C62318E.jpeg
    69.3 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
For cable you need to turn off antenna booster, do this by pushing the button and making the little light turn off. I think you would connect to the TV connection

TXcmpr is spot on. There is a chance the cables could be crossed, but it should be TVCable on the outside, and TV on the inside. And the green light should be NOT on. Good luck.

Did you actually select the right input on your TV?

As someone said you need to turn the antenna OFF. you need to select CABLE on the TV..Some cable systems you need a "Set top box" to decode. especially Ballgames.

And if you are not the original owner the park cable in cable may have been converted to a Sat TV in (Disconnected from the afore mentioned switch)

Sorry, I forgot about this post and I haven't camped since I made it initially. I haven't been able to try the suggestions as of yet. I will update when I do.

It's a ROKU TV... I can make the wifi work. It uses the same input for cable and 'antenna TV' and does a search routine for both, or you can bypass either. I didn't understand the switch for turning ON and OFF the antenna. That, I will try.

Back
Top Bottom