Veteran Owned RV Park

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dan_Frisbie

I copied this “as is” from a friend’s FB page. It’s one of his friends, I think.

Kelsey Wagner

7h ·
So, I need some help guys.
My husband bought an RV park back in November that is located about 7 miles south of Ponca City, Oklahoma and we rebranded it as Rivershire RV Resort & Camping. We closed the park down in February and cleaned everything up, and the park looks great! It’s right on the banks of the Salt Fork river off HWY 177, and there’s a beautiful grove of pecan trees that provide lots of shade. We re-opened the park in March, but unfortunately, in that time, we have only had one person book for a short stay. And I can’t understand why. It’s now mid-May and the park is completely empty. If we don’t get some contractors or weekend RV travelers this summer, we are going to have to sell the park. We have showers, septic, 30/50 amp electric, water, trash, laundry facilities, free WiFi and we have 18 RV spots that are available!
My husband is a Scoutmaster and loves camping. He’s also an Iraq war veteran. It’s always been his dream to create an outdoor oasis for people to enjoy and he has poured his heart and soul into this park.
My husband’s name is Jay Wagner. He’s too humble and shy to ask for help, so I’m asking for him. If you know anyone in the Ponca City area looking for a beautiful RV spot to stay in this summer for a long or short trip, please call him at 580-716-0788, or people can reserve a spot online at www.Rivershirervpark.com.
Edited to add:
Base Rates are:
$20/day
$140/wk
$500/mo
Tent camping is $10/night per tent.
We do allowing fishing and kayaking as well!

Looking at the web site for your park you are not showing your actual park photos. I like to see what it is I'm going be staying at and without photos I normally just skip it. Having photos of the sites, the views and anything that shows positive for you needs to be added. I also agree the prices are not going to attract folks who are used to paying a fair amount for a rv spot, you are pricing yourselves too low.

Update. from thie facebook page.

We have gotten thousands of messages and emails, and hundreds of phone calls today and I just couldn’t keep up so I had to call in some backup to help! So grateful for good friends to help field inquiries. Thank you to these wonderful people who came and helped out!
Guys, we have had over 30 BOOKINGS today,and WE ARE FULLY BOOKED FOR MEMORIAL WEEKEND!!
🎉
🎉
🎉
🎉
🎉

Thank you to every single person who called, emailed and sent messages, I promise we are trying to respond to all of them. Love you all!!
You can book online at www.Rivershirerv.com

Interesting.
a couple of our family members shared their post on Facebook, today.
Good luck with your endeavor.
It is just now mid May.
I've never cared for the weather in that part of Oklahoma in early Spring.
But when we head over to Hot Springs, later this year, we might check it out.

It may be nice, but Oklahoma as a RV vacation spot in prime tornado season just does not seem wise to me. We drove through Oklahoma on our way to Badlands NP last May and almost got caught by a Tornado at Ponca City (Tornado warning going on, streets flooding as we drove through, watching weather radar trying to time to dodge between 2 storm cells), we even drove by a storm chaser truck (lots of vinyl graphics on the side) parked on the side of the highway about 5 miles outside Ponca City. (looking at our Google maps timeline, it was exactly 1 year ago to the day at around 4 pm)

I just checked out there web page. Left a message to give them pointers on what campers like to see when checking out web sites to go camping. Being a vet myself, like seeing vets in business. If you have time, send them a message with suggestions. Did warn them on these big corporations going around the country buying up RV parks, then jacking the rates high. Already seeing it in my state.

I just checked out there web page. Left a message to give them pointers on what campers like to see when checking out web sites to go camping. Being a vet myself, like seeing vets in business. If you have time, send them a message with suggestions. Did warn them on these big corporations going around the country buying up RV parks, then jacking the rates high. Already seeing it in my state.
I did the same thing. Like I stated in post #1, I think these are friends of a friend of mine.
I also like to see vets and small businesses succeed. I hope t hey have some better luck

It may be nice, but Oklahoma as a RV vacation spot in prime tornado season just does not seem wise to me. We drove through Oklahoma on our way to Badlands NP last May and almost got caught by a Tornado at Ponca City (Tornado warning going on, streets flooding as we drove through, watching weather radar trying to time to dodge between 2 storm cells), we even drove by a storm chaser truck (lots of vinyl graphics on the side) parked on the side of the highway about 5 miles outside Ponca City. (looking at our Google maps timeline, it was exactly 1 year ago to the day at around 4 pm)
Perhaps there was a good reason the RV park was for sale to begin with.
Looks like you'd have to be vigilant for flooding as well as tornados.

Did warn them on these big corporations going around the country buying up RV parks, then jacking the rates high. Already seeing it in my state.
Looks like they don't need a big corporation buying them out in order to jack up the rates. They on their own raised them by 75%, comparing the price before their FB post and after. Was $20, now $35. Unless you're going this Friday--the rate is $46.20. On this Saturday, it's $49. For dirt sites without site boundaries. (Which is ironic because their "merch" is t-shirts that say "concrete is not boring." I don't know if it's boring, but it's definitely not applicable.)

There's also their gofundme-type appeal for $30,000 to build a deck.

Also, FYI, they're marketing to oilfield worker business. Not sure how that fits in with the creating "an environment where like-minded adventurers can connect, share stories, and forge lasting memories."
When searching for the ideal Ponca City RV park for oilfield contractors, Rivershire RV Resort & Camping stands out as the premier choice. Our convenient location, modern amenities, and commitment to your comfort make us the top pick for those working in the oil and industrial sectors in Oklahoma.

And finally, this is from the owner's bio on the Ponca City Chamber of Commerce's website:
Kelsey founded MyMediaMatters in 2017. MyMediaMatters is a creative agency specializing in web design, social media management, and graphic design.
So I doubt they need y'all's assistance on their website. They're the ones you hire to do your website and manage your social media. I do have to give them an A+ on the social media portion.

Her FB post went viral and I’d like to think forums such as this added a little to the popularity of the situation.
I would expect nothing less from a professional social media manager.

Back
Top Bottom