Wheel Liner - “A Unicorn"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Skid22

Good day everyone. My first time on a forum of any kind, and by the looks of it, this one looks pretty awesome for the RV community. I have a 2016 Winnebago Sunstar LX 27N rig. We lost a rear SS/chrome wheel liner, for our F53 chassis. 19.5”, 10 lug, 5 hole. I have been working for hours and hours, trying to find someone, anyone, to furnish a replacement. A dealer wanted $450 for just the one liner, nope; another said I had to go direct to Winnebago, nope; the aftermarket ones I’ve found get into the detail of a number on the steel wheel, that is nowhere near what’s on my wheel (3512860). Truck part companies have told me they only handle “big trucks”, and don’t want to be bothered with it. Sorry for the long post my first attempt, but I’m apparently not skilled enough to track this down. Any help? Thanks!

A dealer wanted $450 for just the one liner,
Which implies they have a source, and thus obtainable. For that money you can buy a set of four (which is probably what they're quoting) but if for some reason you can't find a match, then you might be stuck replacing the set. Since the fronts are different than the rears, and you can't see both sides of the RV at the same time mixing from different sets probably would never be noticed by anyone so that's an option. No end to the suppliers of these things so maybe the short term answer is just putting "something" there to cover the painted rim, then hitting ebay and RV classified sites in search of a match during your travels. This is a winnebago and you can get the OEM number at least, so that'd be the direction I'd start from.

Mark B.
Albuquerque, NM

Thanks Kirk. I’m pretty sure I’ll have to try one of these out to see. Usually when they call out specifically the F450 or F550 and not an F53 RV, they mean it. I’m not sure what the difference would be tho! When they also specifically call out a wheel, like this one being 29884, which doesn’t match up with the number on my wheel, but probably worth a try. I can always return it. Thanks.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stubblejumper
Back
Top Bottom