1997 Georgia Boy Swinger

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Johnson14

Hey all. We are new to RV'ing. Bought a 1997 Georgia Boy Swinger 3512.we are having a hard time finding and filling the fresh water tank. We have attached the hose but water always comes out the overflow. Any help is appreciated!!!

Welcome to The RV Forum! Not to state the obvious, but is the fresh water tank already full?

If you're not getting water at the inside faucets, it may be the system's low point drains are open. These let you drain the water out of the system when you winterize the motorhome for below freezing temperatures. Look around the area where the water is coming out and see if there is a valve that should be closed to seal the leak.

Water coming from faucets, shower, sink and toilet flushes. Thinking maybe the senor to check the level is bad

Dont ever trust those gauges.
Can you visually see the water tank when open any of the basement doors?

We think we found the water tank under one of the beds but has no water in it

I have a 97 Georgie Boy Class C. Mine has a handle in the water compartment you turn 90 degrees to either fill the tank or bypass the tank directly to the plumbing. If you leave the valve open to fill the tank water runs out the overflow when full. You only use the water tank and water pump when boondocking where there is no city water. If you have city water you shut the valve off to the tank and you don't need to run the water pump and you don't need water in the tank. My tank stays empty to save weight and gas mileage.

We think we found the water tank under one of the beds but has no water in it
On my 1998 Georgie Boy Cruise Master the tank was under the bed at the rear of the motorhome. It was a translucent, white tank and if you used a bright light you could see how far up the water level was. Ours did have the fill valve from the city water connection, same as The Bar's. It is possible that your tank is completely full as it would be difficult to see with the level at the very top. It is also possible that your tank level indication isn't working. If you turn off the water supply and close the tank fill valve you can then turn on the water pump and see if it puts water to the faucets.

Thanks for all the answers! We did find the tank under the bed and it was empty. The one valve wouldn't completely close to fill the tank but my husband fixed it. Tank is full and ready to go!

Back
Top Bottom