2012 Journey bed replacement

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Finallyfree

Hi Everyone,
My husband have just bought a 2012 Winnebago Journey 40U. So far we really like it. As I am the principal everything, meaning I do all the driving, maintenance, cleaning, etc...I need some help. My husband has dementia so I am also the handyman. I am no stranger to doing electrical, plumbing etc as I lived off the grid for years before I met my husband.

The only thing I do not like at all in the coach is the king air bed. I hate it.  I want to get rid of it and put my mattress from my house into the coach. I looked underneath the king and there are heater ducts and hoses along with some aluminum cross bars. I need someone to tell me structurally what I can toss.  I will cut down the plywood to fit the mattress. My ultimate is to not only replace the mattress but have more storage under the mattress.

We are full timers and this King is a big blob that does not allow me to make the bed properly or even use the night tables.  HELP

I would really like to send someone pictures of the mess underneath. 

Thanks
PS. My husband is NOT a handyman and never has been. His idea of fixing things is that hammer can fix anything

Nothing under the plywood base for the mattress can be cut, removed, or modified.  All the aluminum framing you see is for the slide out mechanism, and without it your slide won't work.  Also ALL of your MH's 120VAC power distribution is inside the bed base at the foot in the circuit breaker panel.
The heat ducts run from the rear furnace to the foot of the bed to keep the bedroom warm.  We have the exact same unit, year and everything and we LOVE our adjustable air mattress.  One thing I found that I had to do with the mattress is replace ALL 4 of the air lines female connectors as they broke and leaked.  I found a far better, and easy replacement for the factory stock female connectors at "airbedsunlimited.com"  they're called "cam-lock" connectors and are $49. per pair, and only require a hair dryer, wire cutters, and a knife to install them.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeffjody
Back
Top Bottom