Online US Passport renewal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
An Enhanced DL has an embedded RFID chip which is scanned when coming into the country similar to a passport. Does a military ID have that? They didn’t years ago, but maybe they have added it since.

it is the US that cares what you use to get back.
I have always noticed it is much more difficult to get back into the USA than to leave it. For example, going into Canada, just a few questions about guns or whatever, takes about one minute and we are in.

Coming back into the USA, our RV was searched every time, with no exceptions and that was probably a dozen or so times Tom & I have been to Canada. Often takes around an hour. We are usually checked out on their computers as well. IOW, we had to go inside as our RV was searched. With dogs and all. One time they found an orange that rolled under a seat. They made a real big deal out of that, even though the orange came from the USA on the way up to Canada.

But I have not been back to Canada since Tom died (2016). Perhaps this summer I will go up there after I renew my passport. See if one person makes a difference than two males of different races (Tom was Chinese).

-Don- (Flagstaff Denny's again)

... getting back again can be problematic.
Only that, like (almost) every other port of entry into the US, you need appropriate documentation (for US citizens, a US passport or passport card). On one of our return crossings at Los Algadones, we were accompanied by a couple of forum members who had 'green cards' (i.e. they were US 'resident aliens', and had been for many years); There was some glitch in the system showing their green cards had been lost or canceled (don't recall the details), but they were stuck at the immigration desk for a long time. It eventually got resolved and they were allowed through.

Oh, one other issue - if you arrive at the Los Algadones crossing noon or later, be prepared for a very long line. If we just needed to visit a pharmacy down there, we'd go in early and leave before 9.00am; No line.

... (Tom was Chinese).
Aye, and my failing memory said he was from Hong Kong; If so, just curious if he was entitled to have a UK passport. Probably wouldn't need it anyway, since I suspect he was a naturalized US citizen.

Oh, one other issue - if you arrive at the Los Algadones crossing noon or later, be prepared for a very long line. If we just needed to visit a pharmacy down there, we'd go in early and leave before 9.00am; No line.
We usually go to Algodones for meds too. We try to be at the crossing by 8:00 and back into the US by 9:00. Once we had breakfast in Algadones and made it to the line into the US about 10:00. Took an hour until we got to the desk. We haven’t made that mistake since.

Aye, and my failing memory said he was from Hong Kong; If so, just curious if he was entitled to have a UK passport. Probably wouldn't need it anyway, since I suspect he was a naturalized US citizen.
When we met in 1974, he only had an "Overseas British Passport". The "overseas" part means you can not live permanently in Britain.

He went to high school in Armagh, Northern Ireland, but his last year of high school was in San Francisco. Then later he had a work visa for the USA. And a couple of years later they said if he could prove he lived in the USA on a certain date, he could become a US permanent resident. He was able to prove it. A little later is when we met, and I was his "witness" at the INS for him and both of his parents for them to all become naturalized US citizens.

-Don- Cinder Hills, Coconino Forest, AZ

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeffjody
Back
Top Bottom