Another: When you find a good product, share it with others!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DutchmenSport

Ever now and then we stumble into some really, really good products that far exceed our expectations. When they are discovered, I like to share about them. Well, here's one I stumbled into a few days ago.

Back drop story: One of our small clip-on fans we keep above the bed in the camper simply died! It literally went ... zing, zing, zing and stopped!

My wife and I were laying there and I made the comment, you know, we got all these fans about the same time, maybe it's time to replace them, none of them are working good any more. She said, "Too bad we don't have the 2 you keep in the garage at home!" I told her, nope, those are too big and clumsy, and dangerous.

What are they .... the fans removed from old blower furnaces I wired up to plug into a wall. They make wonderful floor fans, blowing lots of air, as they are designed to be used in the air handler of a furnace.

Well, it was on my Walmart list to get at least one new fan. So, off I went. Surprise! I about fell over. I ended up buying 2 of them, and they have worked magnificant in the camper. We've removed all our old clip on fans. I figured a way to hang these or set them on the floor. They are variable speed, powerful! and do they circulate the air:

Here's a link. I got the same one, in red, from WalMart: Click here. Granted, they cost $54 each, but it was worth it. I went back about 3 days later and bought a 3rd one. The last one they had in the store.

I'm heading over to a different WalMart today and going to see if they have any there. We really want a 4th one now!

Here's some photos from inside the camper. I found those "hooks" at Lowe's Home Improvement in the metal shelf (build your own system) section. I'm not sure what they are "suppose" to be used for, but a few bends and they were perfect for hanging my new fans.

I used extra large zip ties completely around the fans so the hangers would slip under them so they would hang.

Here's a link for WalMart: click here.

Living Room:

Kitchen floor, blowing down the hall:

Bedroom, blowing against the wall above our heads:

They work, they work great!

Last edited:
I bet they would be great for after your shower drying all those nooks and crannies you can’t get to with a towel; you know, those places that might require two hands to hold up to get under. Just stand in front of that fan and pretend you’re at the car wash coming out the drying exit. 😎

There are lots of variations on that you can find at Lowe's, Home Depot, Ace Hardware and .. all over the place. Some of them you can aim "Up" and bounce the air flow off the ceiling rather than hanging them on the wall over the bed.
They are less noisy than a Blade fan. and move more air.. From my expierence.

OH I made one out of an old furnace blower myself when I had a house.

Back
Top Bottom