Anyone Know about the Travel Lite Idea i15Q?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mr Lynn

Howdy?

New here and new to the travel-trailer market.  I've been interested in the small molded-fiberglass 'eggs', like Scamps, Casitas, Escapes, etc., but they are scarcer than the proverbial hen's teeth here in Eastern Massachusetts (and even in Virginia, where my daughter lives), and used ones are very expensive (I'm on a couple of sites with classifieds).  So we've started looking at small 'stick-built' campers.  I've come across a new 2015 previous-model Travel-Lite Idea i15Q that is less than 19' overall, with a layout similar to the Casita 17' trailers (bed, dinette, bathroom).  The current model 2.0 (2016) has dual axles and a larger fridge, but the layout is pretty much the same, I think:

http://travellitecampers.com/travel-trailers/travel-lite-idea-i15q/

So I wondered if anyone here has any experience with these trailers or this company (seems to be best known for their slide-in truck campers).  Quality?  Reliability?  Factory support (no dealers around here)?

Also interested in recommendations for other small campers.  We've looked at the smallest Forest River R-Pod, and the Starcraft AR-ONE; I like the aluminum-frame construction of the R-Pod, but the interior seems dark and depressing; the AR-ONE is brighter.  Suggestions welcome.

/Mr Lynn

I don't have experience with any of those models, but there isn't a huge amount of difference in any small travel trailer in the same price range. The construction techniques and materials are largely the same, and the consistency of production quality equally poor. When you buy used, though, the production mistakes have probably already been corrected.

Nor is there much "dealer support" to be concerned about. The appliances and systems will all be industry standard components that any experienced RV shop can fix.

I would say to just choose the one you like best.

The only draw back in see is the wood construction. But it least it 2x2  and 2x4 with plywood is better then what you usiley see.  As long as you keep up on the maintenance. It should be okay. And alot cheeper.    I do like the lsyout

Back
Top Bottom