Backordered guitars

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tom

Administrator
Trying to order a Martin 12-string accoustic electric guitar to leave at our Ohio townhome. Guitar Center, Musician's Friend and Amazon are all backordered.

Trying to order a Martin 12-string accoustic electric guitar to leave at our Ohio townhome. Guitar Center, Musician's Friend and Amazon are all backordered.
You might check out Takamine, Tom. DW got me one in the mid-70s (not with electric though), and it's a sweetheart. In fact, mine is one of those called a "lawsuit guitar," because Takamine copied the Martin back then.

Many folks say you can't tell the difference, though there are also people who say there is a subtle difference. Of course things could have changed, but it might be worth checking. BTW, Jimmy Fortune is one of a number of performers I've seen with a Takamine.

You might check out Takamine, Tom. DW got me one in the mid-70s (not with electric though), and it's a sweetheart. In fact, mine is one of those called a "lawsuit guitar," because Takamine copied the Martin back then.
Aye Larry, I've heard good things about Takamine. Guitar Center sells several Takamine 12-string accoustic/elec models and they get good reviews. I'd like to play one before buying, but the local GC store doesn't carry them. Might do a 'deliver to store', so I can play.

Sometimes it is fun to sing with just your voice. I bet your family would like to just go caroling without a guitar.
I sang a capella for many years, until I learned to play several instruments. I somewhat jealously observed/listened to other families sing around the piano. No plans to "go caroling" with or without a guitar. I'll settle for my 6-string guitar and 8-string ukulele.

You Settled.
Not my plan. I have several instruments I leave here at our townhome, but didn't bring my 12-string Martin along on this trip. My other half was complaining about how much stuff I cram into the car, so I figured I'd complete the compliment of stuff I leave here.

I had a Takamine 12 back in the day. It was a heavy beast and had a little more top end than a Martin. I sold it and bought a Martin D-28 and never actually fell in love with it. Sold the D-28 to buy my second Taylor. You're not going to find a Taylor for that price. For a reason.

Lots of other great acoustic guitars out there:

I played several Breedlove guitars in Monterey a few months ago. The DW had to pry them out of my hands. (But I wasn't about to sell a Taylor to get one). Many of my pro friends play them. Good tone, easy to play, nothing fancy to worry about.

Thanks Russ. I have friends who own Taylors. If I were able to play like them (or you), I'd consider buying one. OTOH I have a couple of 'small' Taylors (Baby & GS-mini - 3/4 and 7/8 respectively), but they're not in the same class.

I've heard about Breedlove, but have not tried playing one. I see a 12-string online at a couple of sellers, and might take a look if they're in stock (or on demo) next time I visit a Guitar Center.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fth
Back
Top Bottom