Before You Go........

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ft. Worth, next door to us here in the Dallas Metro, is considered the gateway to the West in this part of the country anyway.

Interesting poll about what people consider the Midwest states. Apparently, there are mixed opinions. About 30-40% of people think SD is a Midwest state.

You know that you live in the west when folks whom live far east of you think that it's a splendid idea to just air drop pack of wolves out where they don't have to deal with them.

The part of South Dakota that is next to Iowa is definitely Midwest. But the western part is west. I define those by physical geography more than a random longitude or latitude. Just like the eastern part of Texas is more southern while the western part is definitely west.

That is not good. Assuming the pack is killing livestock and pets? Any threats to humans?
When we brought our two large Husky mixed dogs over to our family's home in Woodland Park, Colorado during a crisp below 0F low the Wolf howls at a sanctuary could be heard in the distance. Our dogs wouldn't go outside. The sanctuary is some 10 miles away as the crow flies. Denver voted for this and so did Aspen.

"Most people" are incorrect. SD is a Midwest state:

See number 12 here.

-Don- Reno, NV
For every internet article you post indicating SD is a Midwest state, I can post one saying it is not a Midwest state. Again, there are different opinions on this issue. As someone who actually lives in western SD...it is very "west"...think of the Blackhills or Deadwood. And for some who grew up for the most part in the Midwest like myself (Detroit, MI)...eastern SD is very Midwest. In my opinion,

When we brought our two large Husky mixed dogs over to our family's home in Woodland Park, Colorado during a crisp below 0F low the Wolf howls at a sanctuary could be heard in the distance. Our dogs wouldn't go outside. The sanctuary is some 10 miles away as the crow flies. Denver voted for this and so did Aspen.
That would really bother me...being a dog lover.

As someone who actually lives in western SD.
I assume some who live there say SD is and others say it is not a Midwest state.

IMO, the people who live in the states should settle it.

Perhaps the people who live in SD and the other gray states should vote on it to settle it for good.

But does it really make any difference?

-Don- Reno, NV

Strike me if I'm wrong ... but isn't "Louisiana" in the "South?"
LOL! The state of Louisiana surely is, but the territory named Louisiana had nothing to do with the state or the state's location. Just the opposite, in fact. The region was originally a French colony named for King Louis of France, and the state took it's name from the territory. Incidentally, the US renamed the Territory to be the "Missouri Territory" in 1850, so maybe it moved to the Midwest at that time? :unsure:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Flying B
Back
Top Bottom