Best RV Pet Monitor

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dan_Frisbie

We seem to take our dogs with us more often. They like it and have adapted well to the smaller space, but often we have no choice but to leave them for a while (we’re motorcyclists, too).
Having seen Waggle, I’m not too keen on paying for an app that is of no use to me a majority of the time ($15 for the app).
What else is out there?

Attachments

• 20240706_120515.jpeg
    20240706_120515.jpeg
    120.8 KB · Views: 2
We use RV Whisper in our small Casita trailer for both our and our cats security. RV Whisper enables the ability to monitor most anything/everything and alerts us wherever we may be via the Internet...e.g., temp, humidity, power status, motion detection, door/window status, water leak status, propane quantity status.

We also use Trak4 for real time GPS tracking or our RV location for our family and should it ever be stolen.

We also have a dedicated cat bathroom too...

But we are the famous "Los Gatos Casita" after all!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240822-074313_Drive.jpg
    Screenshot_20240822-074313_Drive.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 4
  • Screenshot_20240822-074342_Drive.jpg
    Screenshot_20240822-074342_Drive.jpg
    120.2 KB · Views: 4
  • Screenshot_20240706-140751_Drive.jpg
    Screenshot_20240706-140751_Drive.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 4
  • Screenshot_20240706-140807_Drive.jpg
    Screenshot_20240706-140807_Drive.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 4
  • Spare Tire Artwork.jpg
    Spare Tire Artwork.jpg
    120.5 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
We have govee sensors for our fridge and water leak detectors. Could easily use the temp sensor to monitor the camper environment. They don’t require a subscription but require Wi-Fi though.

I'm not trying to hijack your thread but I also have a similar question and didn't want to start a new thread as this one was already here. I'm getting ready to purchase one of the temp monitors, as we travel with 5 chihuahuas. I've been researching until I'm blue in the face but from what I've read it seems to come down to either Waggle or Marcell (at least for me). I definitely want one that runs off of cell signal and not Wifi as Wifi is hit or miss in campgrounds. I'm willing to pay (within reason) for the cell service. Does anyone recommend one over the other? Or pros/cons if you are currently using one?

I'm not trying to hijack your thread but I also have a similar question and didn't want to start a new thread as this one was already here. I'm getting ready to purchase one of the temp monitors, as we travel with 5 chihuahuas. I've been researching until I'm blue in the face but from what I've read it seems to come down to either Waggle or Marcell (at least for me). I definitely want one that runs off of cell signal and not Wifi as Wifi is hit or miss in campgrounds. I'm willing to pay (within reason) for the cell service. Does anyone recommend one over the other? Or pros/cons if you are currently using one?
Just the opposite...cell coverage is hit or miss... We don't even have cell coverage where we live. But with Starlink, we have 100% WiFi everywhere. Because of this, we tossed cell phones years ago.

No problem, I'm not finding anything that is reasonable for our time spent in the RV...
I use a mobile hotspot that will keep a monitor in the wifi loop. It will fun for a few hours on its own battery.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathan Smith
Back
Top Bottom