Black water tank valve lever

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kellyjogoescamping

Hi all. Very new member to the full-time RV living life. I rather feel like I've bought a lemon because so much has gone wrong already and it's barely been a month. I've got a 2023 Primetime Sanibel 3602.

Anyway, what i need help with right now is my tank valve lever. This will be the first time I've emptied my black water tank and I cannot get the valve to open. I've pulled and pulled, within reason because I don't want to break anything, and there's been no movement. I've had no problems with the grey water or galley valve levers. How hard can I pull the lever? What can I do to get this opened? Am I doing something wrong or just not pulling hard enough? I'm using the second toilet right now because I'm afraid of adding anymore to the main toilet tank. Single girl on my own, I have no one to help and I've been googling everything i can possibly think of.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Welcome to the forum! Lots of friendly and knowledgeable folks here!

Did you buy it from a dealership and, so, are they close enough to take it to them? I won’t suggest pulling it harder (someone else may). My first thought is they got a little sloppy with the PVC cement when assembling. If that’s the culprit, the whole valve assembly may need to be cut out and replaced.

Other, more knowledgeable folks will be along shortly.

I suggest you put the info about your rig and tow vehicle in your signature… It’ll save both you and the reader some time.

Yes, first step would be to get help from where you purchased it.

Unless you are brave enough to do this yourself, the next step would be to hire someone to mostly empty the black tank by pumping it out from the toilet, then disassembling the dump valve and getting the last of black water our and properly disposed, and then fixing/replacing the dump valve.

This can be an ugly task, but it can be done...

Gayle & Bob
Los Gatos Casita

I'm using the second toilet right now because I'm afraid of adding anymore to the main toilet tank.
It would be very unusual if you have 2 toilets that flush into different waste tanks. I am pretty sure that you only have one such waste tank so it really doesn't matter which toilet you use.

You mention a lever, but I am assuming that you are trying to pull the handle out to open the valve?
1722097837242.png
The typical assembly has a 2" valve for the gray (sink & shower) waste dump valve and the larger, 3" valve is for the toilet waste tank. Those valves do occasionally stick if left sitting for extended periods but pulling them out is about all that you can do, unless you are willing to drill a hole into the housing so that you can spray lubricant into it.

RV Dump valve lubrication

The black tank valve should move as easily as the two gray valves (galley and shower), so something isn't working right. You can try pulling quite a bit harder than you did on the other two, but you are wise to not overdue it. The shaft will pull out of the valve body is you go overboard!
If this is a new RV, I strongly suggest getting warranty service where you bought it. Other dealers for that brand are NOT obligated to do warranty repairs, though some may do so. If that's not practical, pay a mobile RV tech for help or take it to any RV dealer/service (but be prepared for a looong wait).

As Kirk said, your RV will only have one black tank, so both toilets feed into the same tank.

Not sure about your particular question, I just feel your pain about frustration. It’s our 1st trip boondocking trip and we have had water problems, power problems and tank dumping problems… trying to look at everything as a learning experience that we will cherish the knowledge gained at some point. Good luck and safe travels.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bgovatos
Back
Top Bottom