Blue Ox Inspection Service?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've been working exclusively with a particular dealer. On the first visit, one of the first questions I asked was: do you have a facility on site to do a full hookup and test run every system?"

The answer was not only affirmative, but he mentioned that delivery would be about a half day process. Of which, most of that doing a full hookup and disconnect, to demonstrate everything in it's useful states. I almost swooned when he said that :LOL:
The dealer from which we bought our new 5er had his own FHU spots by his body shop and requested new buyers spend at least 2 nights there using everything before returning home. The service building was a block away, and if you reported any problems to his people those were corrected before you departed for home.
Then Camping World took over his dealership and all that disappeared.

Wow! 4 replies within 6 minutes.. All saying the same thing... Maybe an ad???.. I assume you give prices somehow other than verbally... And a written contract would be required (Not verbal) before you jumped on a plane, no?... Trust is good, but most people don't use a service like this very often, so developing trust from past experience would be difficult... Maybe word of mouth from other customers helps... I do appreciate verbal communication, but everyone price shops to a point... Maybe I just need to take a look at your website... Sorry, I don't mean to put you down (Your's might be a fantastic service), but you just came on pretty strong..
Butch
Having just had Blue Ox do a Pre Delivery Inspection On a New 2025 Nexus Rebel 32r. I will speak from experience of My Experience. I found Pierre to Have an attention to detail that is rarely seen now a days! Laurel was a Pleasure to work with I found the Price reasonable considering it was a Two Person Full day (for those of you who unfamiliar A 10 Hour day). those commenting on Videos only showing defects, Thats what you're paying them for to spot things before you drive off the lot! The final report was professional and all encompassing. All that said I would urge anyone buying New to consider an inspection and definitely would tell you if buying used it should be mandatory!

All that being said, if I needed an inspection on a unit that I was buying(I don't nor would I), I would pass on them simply because of the secrecy of cost. Because nothing(at least nothing I've read) has been mentioned about how much this service costs it pretty much means to me that I can't or won't afford it.

All that being said, if I needed an inspection on a unit that I was buying(I don't nor would I), I would pass on them simply because of the secrecy of cost. Because nothing(at least nothing I've read) has been mentioned about how much this service costs it pretty much means to me that I can't or won't afford it.
Guy When you Become Serious about an Inspection inquire about the Price! Not sure Why you think a Business needs to respond to every Hypothetical “How Much?” location Services you want performed Type of Unit Size all likely Impact Pricing!

If I were planning on buying a new RV I'd do my own inspection (I'm qualified) but I'd also call Rachael Nordstrum (Nordstrum's RV) who is my most trusted RV GIRL) ok that's the license plate on her service van) Mobile RV service Technician and have her do an inspection as well.

If you are near Flint in the summer or there is a place in Florida in the winter... Go for her.
Otherwise the most trusted Mobile RV service technician in your area whomever that may be.

Guy When you Become Serious about an Inspection inquire about the Price! Not sure Why you think a Business needs to respond to every Hypothetical “How Much?” location Services you want performed Type of Unit Size all likely Impact Pricing!
Guy, we live in a "how much" world these days. We have 50 prices for anything we want to buy. I can't remember the last time I couldn't find a price for something. If you can't find a price for something there is usually a reason for it and most people just move on or don't take the business seriously. To each his/her own.

those commenting on Videos only showing defects, Thats what you're paying them for to spot things before you drive off the lot!
I get that. I also get how different Youtube viewers have different needs when watching content. On process content, I like seeing a more high level end to end perspective. That is all. I was not suggesting anything particularly negative about the content these people post. Thanks for your take on the process as a customer!

Because nothing(at least nothing I've read) has been mentioned about how much this service costs it pretty much means to me that I can't or won't afford it.
I look at it like when I'm hiring any other contractor. Figure on a minimum $500/man-day for professional service, $300 for labor, plus travel expenses to and from the job site. For local travel, time and mileage. A service truck rollout usually starts at $200. If you're flying someone in, expect travel to run around $800-1000/day (air/car/hotel/per diem). They're a couple, so maybe some economy on everything but the flight.

Using those rough estimates, I find that most of my expectations run a little high. That is, the actual quote comes in a bit less than I expected, which is fine. If it's too much less, it begs the question of quality. Is this person just naive and not really know their costs? And will that reflect on the outcome of my job?

If the actual comes in much higher, I will question it and decide whether I missed something or if the contractor just doesn't want the job - blowing my head off with the quote in hopes I decline.

Guy, we live in a "how much" world these days. We have 50 prices for anything we want to buy. I can't remember the last time I couldn't find a price for something. If you can't find a price for something there is usually a reason for it and most people just move on or don't take the business seriously. To each his/her own.
The old time hardwood flooring dealer I bought materials from in Monroe, La., had a sign on his wall that said something like this, "Whenever a new invention or product comes along, hustlers will come out of the woodwork to manufacture something similar, cheaper and of lesser quality and those who shop for price alone are his legal prey."

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ralbite123
Back
Top Bottom