EVERYONE GOOD IN FLORIDA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Big Mark

Hey guys,

Checking to see how everyone made out after the storm. Saw some funeral and some nasty pictures. Hope y'all are good.

Windy to 60 mph in Fort Myers a couple of mile inland from Fort Myers Beach - lots of rain - not near what they got up North. News shows that Fort Myers Beach got hit again - we're hoping the newly re-opened business survived with only minor damage - we'll wait a week or so and see how it is while supporting their local businesses.

No wide spread damages that we've seen, local flooding and leaves/palms scattered about due to wind.

Best hopes for all up North of us.

It's pouring once again and dark clouds seem to be following Helene...

Boone NC got hit hard also. I have never seen a storm big enough to rain on both my houses at the same time. One in Florida near Gainesville, and the other near Blacksburg VA. We got more damage in Virginia then we did in Florida. 2 Limbs fell on the fence and will need to be cleaned up and fence repaired. Florida house lost power for 16 hours, but its back on. The will be a bunch of palm frons down that will need cleaned up. Over/under is 4 wheel barrows worth.

I hope Gary RV_Wizard is doing O.K. in West Palm Beach, FL. Don't know if he moved anywhere but will wait to see him check in here.

With that said, Hoping and Praying that everyone that was affective by the storm is doing well without damage. Obviously some didn't survive and much damage.

Still lots of friends and family we haven't heard from in NC, Tenn and upstate SC. Lots of them are cut off from roads being torn up. No cell service anywhere.

Our son lives in Mouth of Wilson, VA on the SW corner of Virginia and NC not too far from Boon, NC. He has two creeks on his property that crested their banks. He was afraid he was going to lose his gazebo. The road he lives on is a loop around and over the New River. He loaded his chainsaw up and drove the loop removing trees that fell across the roadway. His power is out and no idea when it will be back. Not a big deal since he lived there with no power for a few years.

Back
Top Bottom