Fifth wheel calculator

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think you might have to provide some instruction as to how to use the calculator. To me it looks like you have to enter all the information yourself. If so, then you already know what you can carry/tow.

I think you might have to provide some instruction as to how to use the calculator. To me it looks like you have to enter all the information yourself. If so, then you already know what you can carry/tow.
It is a methodical guide for accurately match a tow vehicle and trailer. Ever heard of a salesman saying, sure you can tow this trailer, or a person saying my truck is best for towing that trailer? Todays smart-phones can call up this online calculator while on a sales lot if they already know the figures for their tow vehicle, and visa-versa.

I used this back in 2017 AFTER I purchased my CrewCab Dually just to verify that my calculations, previous to the actual purchase, was in fact correct. I passed with flying colors.

It is a methodical guide for accurately match a tow vehicle and trailer. Ever heard of a salesman saying, sure you can tow this trailer, or a person saying my truck is best for towing that trailer? Todays smart-phones can call up this online calculator while on a sales lot if they already know the figures for their tow vehicle, and visa-versa.
I understand what you're saying. But it should give me the tow cap just by me entering the GCVWR and/or my trucks Curb Weight/GVWR. I.E., 22,000 GCVWR - 10000 GVWR = 12,000; or, 22,000 GVCWR - 6000 Curb Weight = 16,000. Both are correct, and each are calculated dependent on actual truck weight at the time of towing.

But when I enter any of those correct numbers it comes back with a max tow cap of 6000, which is way off.

I understand what you're saying. But it should give me the tow cap just by me entering the GCVWR and/or my trucks Curb Weight/GVWR. I.E., 22,000 GCVWR - 10000 GVWR = 12,000; or, 22,000 GVCWR - 6000 Curb Weight = 16,000. Both are correct, and each are calculated dependent on actual truck weight at the time of towing.

But when I enter any of those correct numbers it comes back with a max tow cap of 6000, which is way off.
Then try this one. It has been published in the RV Dealers Assn trade paper: RV Safety|Towing Capacity Info|GCWR Charts
The link to the 4-step process is in the title bar.

Back
Top Bottom