How Many Cars Have you Owned?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RRR

At a wake for a family member awhile back and a well liked ex-brother-in-law was there. Mind you that he is 90 or 91, his daughter couldn't remember. As were talking the subject of cars came up. He said that a few weeks ago he and his wife were counting up the cars that he had owned and he had written down the make, model year and about how long he had owned them. He said the list had 90 and he is fairly certain he missed a few. Plus four airplanes and he still flies. He had one landing gear collapse on a plane he just after bought it but the FAA found that he wasn't at fault. He said when he can't make his physical he'll just sell it and move on the the next stage of life.

I would have a hard time remembering how many cars I have bought and I'm 20 years younger.

I am a bit younger, still in my 50's and thinking through depending on how you count things, my count comes out to about 8 or 9, though I tend to keep cars for a long time, and almost always putting at least 100,000 miles on them before getting rid of them, with only a couple of exceptions, such as my first car which was a Chevy Citation (one of the worst cars Chevrolet ever built), while only 2 years old when I got it, its first life had been as a salesman's car for the family business so it already had 65,000 miles on it the first time I drove it.

Not counting the cars My parents purchased and owned but I drove
Two English fords
One AMC hornet
An olds
A ford
Wife's ford
Dodge van
Plymouth wagon
Wife had two other cars one Dodge one Mercury both compacts
Daughter had two cars that were in my name as well.
Chevy Lumina APV (Towed car #1)
The Jeep my wife crashed (Owned for 3 days)
Dodge Neon (Towed #2)
Jeep Cherokee Latitude (2014) My Current Ride.
All of the cars I owned had the same license plate too. makes it easy to remember.

my first car which was a Chevy Citation (one of the worst cars Chevrolet ever built), while only 2 years old when I got it, its first life had been as a salesman's car for the family business so it already had 65,000 miles on it the first time I drove it.
You were only 2 years old when you got it. Started young huh? 😅🤣😂

I’m almost 60…
1954 Plymouth Belvedere
1968 Ford Mustang
1966 Ford Fairlane 500
1962 Chevrolet C10
1975 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme
1979 Datsun 210
1970 Datsun 510 (racecar)
1972 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme
1983 Ford Thunderbird
1968 Dodge Polara
1972 Pontiac Lemans
1965 Chevrolet C10
1983 Chrysler Cordoba (racecar)
1976 Chevrolet Chevette
1980 VW Rabbit
1990 Oldsmobile Cutlass Calais
1976 Datsun 520 pickup
1980 Nissan 200SX (racecar)
1980 Chevrolet C30
1976 Ford LTD Country Squire
1990 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme
1995 Chevrolet K3500
2003 Chevrolet Tahoe
2008 Chevrolet Suburban
2010 GMC Yukon
2015 Chevrolet C1500
2016 GMC Yukon
1998 Chevrolet C2500
2016 Nissan XD Pickup
2020 GMC C1500

I think that’s all. My list of motorcycles will need another post.

Last edited:
I've never kept track of the cars/trucks that I've owned.....they were all just transportation or bought to do some type of work.
I've been into motorcycles though, for almost as long as I can remember and I'm on #29 right now. I won't bore y'all with the list of them, but they have included, Honda, Yamaha, Suzuki, Kawasaki, and Aprilia. One brand I've never owned and have never had a desire to own is Harley Davidson. I've always been interested in performance and reliability.

25 for us IIRC - 17 cars, 6 pickups, and 2 minivans (we are in the minority in that we have never owned an SUV). Chevy, GMC, Buick, Dodge, Plymouth, RAM, Subaru, Toyota, Hyundai, VW, and Mitsubishi.

I think I'm coming up on 25 vehicles... two which were purchased in the last year. Only two motorcycles, though.

Some vehicles I keep for a while, and others, not so much. I'm down to just 3 vehicles for myself at the moment, not including the EV and the motorhome.

Most of mine have been Chevrolets, a good handful of pickups. But also Jeeps (Wranglers). A few VW's. And one Ford.

I've been curious to branch out to Subaru. I really like what Toyota is making these days (2024+ 4Runner and Tacoma). The husband likes his expensive Germans, which I also enjoy, but having one of us into them is more than enough!

It's easier to remember when the number you can count on your hands and have fingers left over. For me, buying a car is a certain fate - I will likely drive them until only salvage value remains. I have only bought 8 cars in my life and I still own three of them.

Mark B.
Albuquerque, NM

1955 Pontiac Sedan - 2 years (I purchased it in 1971. I was 16 years old, the car was also 16 years old. I was manufactured 2 months before the car was!

And I got a 1968 Honda 300 "Dream" motorcycle. I drove that thing ALL over the USA! I'm not kidding!

After that, it's kind of hard to remember:

The next was a 1968 VW bug (red).

And a Honda 360 Motorcycle and later a Honda 750 motorcycle with the engine boared out to 900. It was a screaming machine!

And after that, no more motorcycles.

I had 2 more cars after that and then went into the Army and sold everything.

After that, everything is a blurr.... I got married while in the Army and after all .... marriage will do that to you!

But after 39 years of marriage, 2 kids and 7 grandkids, we now have 2 Chevy trucks. The 3500 diesel dually in my signature below for towing the fifth wheel and a Chevy Colorado, 4 door, crew cab that is an absolutely wonderful run-around grocery getter.

I do know I've had 3 different dually's now, and a total of 5 different pick-up trucks (including the duallys).

We also purchased our son's first car when he started college and my daughter's car when she was in the Navy.

I've had too many, but each one served it's purpose very well. Except for the VW I owned for about 3 years, every one was GM: Chevy, Pontiac, and Oldsmobile.

You were only 2 years old when you got it. Started young huh? 😅🤣😂

I am a bit younger, still in my 50's and thinking through depending on how you count things, my count comes out to about 8 or 9, though I tend to keep cars for a long time, and almost always putting at least 100,000 miles on them before getting rid of them, with only a couple of exceptions, such as my first car which was a Chevy Citation (one of the worst cars Chevrolet ever built), while only 2 years old when I got it, its first life had been as a salesman's car for the family business so it already had 65,000 miles on it the first time I drove it.
I thought the Chev Vega got that award. My brother who is 4 years older than me bought one and he had lot of problems with it. But even now the only thing he knows about a car is to put gas in it, even sometimes before it runs out.

We got lost in the Chev Citation rabbit hole too, never so happy to get rid of a car in my life.

7 - the last 3 bought new. And I don't remember the make and model of the 3rd and 4th ones. Just as well, they were crap.

Between Tom and me over the years, way too many cars to remember or list.

I can remember my motorcycles better than my cars, as most of those I still own since 1971.

-Don- Reno, NV

Only two motorcycles, though.
What were they?

The 11 motorcycles I own right now are:

1971 Black BMW R75/5
1984 Red Yamaha Venture
2002 Yellow Suzuki DR200SE
2013 Blue Triumph Trophy SE
2016 Org/Blk Kaw Versys 650 LT
2017 Blk/Gold HD Road Glide Ultra
2017 Org Zero DS ZF 6.5
2017 Red Zero SR ZF13 w/ Pwr Tank
2020 Blue Energica SS9
2023 Bormio Ice Energica Experia
2023 Green Zero DSR/X

-Don- Reno, NV

What were they?

The 11 motorcycles I own right now are:

1971 Black BMW R75/5
1984 Red Yamaha Venture
2002 Yellow Suzuki DR200SE
2013 Blue Triumph Trophy SE
2016 Org/Blk Kaw Versys 650 LT
2017 Blk/Gold HD Road Glide Ultra
2017 Org Zero DS ZF 6.5
2017 Red Zero SR ZF13 w/ Pwr Tank
2020 Blue Energica SS9
2023 Bormio Ice Energica Experia
2023 Green Zero DSR/X

-Don- Reno, NV

My first bike was a Ninja 250. It had like 30,000 miles when I bought it...absolutely insane, someone bought it to commute. I wanted something I could really learn on and not be afraid of laying down if it happened. I put almost another 10k on it. Never had an accident--or a speeding ticket on it. It was ridiculously fun.

My 2nd bike was a 2003 Ducati 749s in bright yellow. Was only a couple years old, almost new, very low miles. Monoposto. It had a Termignoni exhaust. It was a V-Twin, dry clutch. It was deafening and it sounded so, so good. I think it had just over 15k miles when I sold it. That's the only machine with a motor that has ever put fear in me. Almost 120 horsepower on a ~430lb bike. Also no accidents and no tickets, but had a few people come close to hitting me. I gave up riding around 2013. Had my fun.

We typically trade every 4 or 5 years…so lots. 😂. Thinking of keeping the tesla for longer though. It gets an update every month or so. Still like a new car as it is constantly changing and improving. It does so much more than when we bought it. First car to do that.

IMG_8145.jpeg.

1949 Studebaker Champion
1953 Studebaker Champion
1963 American Motors Rambler wagon(first new car)
1667 Pontiac Tempest Lemans
1971 Jeep Commando
1976 Dodge Ram charger
1982 Datsun diesel pickup (used & second vehicle)
1985 Ford Tempo (diesel)
1985 Ford Bronco (used, replaced the Datsun)
1988 Ford Probe
1997 Ford Ranger
2001 Honda CR-v
2009 Honda CR-v
2010 Kia Borrego
2003 Dodge diesel truck (used, second vehicle)
2019 VW Jetta (used, bought 2020)

As best I can recall, 39 different vehicles in 63 years of vehicle ownership. I've slowed down a lot in the past decade - only 6 cars and two of those were "spares" for hauling trash to the dump or whatever.

Plus 3 motorhomes and 5 RV trailers.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boklm
Back
Top Bottom