Is it Legal?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I wanna know how they got the boat up there, and how they are going to get it down, then back up again out in the real world.

There is more information needed to answer your questions. The box trailer might be full of rocks or it could be empty. I have seen a boat carried that way on a couple of occasions. I also know and RV owner who towed with a heavy truck that had a Jeep on ramps just like that boat and a large fifth wheel behind it.
how they got the boat up there, and how they are going to get it down,
Photo-shop?

I wanna know how they got the boat up there, and how they are going to get it down, then back up again out in the real world.
There is actually a system to get boats loaded that way from what I've seen.
Boat Motor Trailer Loader and there you are. a link to it Thank you Google

As for max length.. Well that has changed since I last paid attention so I'm not sure

I once saw a double-decker trailer pulled by a Class A. Trailer had big car on bottom and large (maybe 20') boat on top. Want to know how they got boat on top and if their insurance agent knew.

Also, my son has a 1940s something Ford car, and recently bought a 1970s something Mustang from his dad. (It is a putrid shade of green!) He put a lift in his garage so Mustang in on bottom and Ford is on top. He drives Mustang most often, which is why it is on bottom. Personally, I think he has too many cars!!

I would NOT want to drive behind that truck,boat, RV, and trailer combo.

Last edited:
Some states it is. Some it isn't. IIRC Oregon requires the power unit to have a gross weight of around 15,000 pounds to drag two or more trailers, but I might be off on that figure.

Here is some information on the con-gear setup, I can't see it real good but I suspect it is this. I got a good friend that just went from tent camping to a bumper pull and does some boating too. Told him this i the setup for him since he has a one ton, crew cab, long box, diesel.

I've seen that boat mount, before. There are ramps that can be attached, and there is a winch, so, after you drop that trailer rig, you set the ramps, and use the winch to lower the boat on trailer rig down to the ground.

I have not seen that dolly rig for the 5er, before, but a buddy of mine was talking about something that sounds a lot like that.

I don't know of any states back East that would allow that outfit, but I have see a number of wild rigs out West of the Mississippi.

I would like to see the guy try to back that rig. five pivot points. That would be a bear.

I've seen that boat mount, before. There are ramps that can be attached, and there is a winch, so, after you drop that trailer rig, you set the ramps, and use the winch to lower the boat on trailer rig down to the ground.

I have not seen that dolly rig for the 5er, before, but a buddy of mine was talking about something that sounds a lot like that.

I don't know of any states back East that would allow that outfit, but I have see a number of wild rigs out West of the Mississippi.

I would like to see the guy try to back that rig. five pivot points. That would be a bear.
The ones I have seen, uses a double hitch to the tow vehicle. Some have a locking mechanism to lock the wheels straight, they normally self-steer, so it is in effect an extension of the tow vehicle. It makes the five steering points down to two, backs like a farm wagon. It is unknown if the original picture had the steering lockout or not. I think the one I linked to also has an option to put a ball hitch on it so one could pull a bumper pull trailer. Like any set of doubles, proper loading is the key.

That is an Automated hitch tow dolly, Hitch-buddy made one but they are out of business.
In many states using one of these is considered towing doubles, but it does have its advantages as we see.

I once saw a double-decker trailer pulled by a Class A. Trailer had big car on bottom and large (maybe 20') boat on top. Want to know how they got boat on top and if their insurance agent knew.
Stacker trailer the top drops down to the bed when you unload the lower vehicle.
Works like a car hoist at your local auto repair place.

A couple of things about the boat. It looks to have slipped down on the trailer and away from the front cradle. If it would be sitting in that cradle, how much taller would it be at that point?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BIG DOUG
Back
Top Bottom