Is the Cybertruck bulletproof? Zack fires at his to find out.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Skookum

Zack from JerryRigEverything fires different calibers at his personally owned $100k Cybertruck to find out if it's actually bulletproof. If you like guns and hate EV's, well, it's worth a watch! :p

I recall the first time my Troops got shot at. First shot hit the door and would have done serious damage to the Driver of the Patrol car.. Save it hit the window mechanism and did not penetrate.
Suspect's other shot hit the overhead light (no damage to troopers) Trooper's only shot send suspect to hospital for bullet removal... Trooper ask him why he shot at 'em (Had a bad experience with police once) Well You're having another one now was the troopers response.

I rode back to Reno from Auburn today for various reasons, another very short stay in Auburn. I got my free charge when I decided to take a break here at the Truckee Airport to change to a warmer jacket after coming down from the cool 7,200' Donner Summit. Warm in Auburn, cool at the summit, warm here in Reno.

Anyway, today sets the record for the number of Teslas I saw on the way back. By far, was the most common car on the road today. I probably saw 50 of them today, if not more. At one place, six Teslas in a row. All passing me, as I stay at the speed limit with the cruise control on, unlike most cars on that part of I-80. Speed limit is 65 MPH, most cars do at least 10 above until a truck is passing another truck at 30MPH up the hill (very common).

Anyway, one of the Teslas was a black Cybertruck with no license plate. Looked new, and CA has no plates on new vehicles. I didn't know they could be purchased in black. So, I check on the web and find this.

I got a very close look at it, and I am surprised nowhere on it does it have the Tesla emblem from what I could see. I was on the lane to the right on my Zero DSR/X motorcycle. It sure looks weird! Doesn't look like anything else on the road.

It's the 2nd Cybertruck I have seen, the other was the normal stainless steel which I saw right here just a couple of blocks from the top of this hill in Reno.

I was at a table just a few feet from the other side of the fence below. I never been to this charge location before, it's a brand new one, 7.7 KWs and free for the first two hours. I didn't need the charge to get home, but I wanted to check out the location.

I did charge for an hour, that will give me about 50 more miles of range for free. Gasoline in that area is close to seven bucks per gallon (87), diesel is now close to a buck less.

Here is what landed about 50 yards in front of me while I was charging up at the Trucke Airport:

truckeeplane.JPG
-Don- Reno, NV

Today, on the way here I passed a car transporter truck which had five new Tesla Stainless steel Cybertrucks and one new white Model Y. I assume it was going to Rocklin, CA Tesla, which is where I purchased my Model 3 in year 2018.

It's 19 miles from this very spot. I will probably take a ride on an electric motorcycle down there for a much closer look of the Cybertrucks.

Hopefully, I don't buy one while I am there. I want to at least take a look at the other EV pickup trucks. I don't think there is anything special about the Cybertruck, other than its very weird look.

-Don- Auburn, CA

Today, I went to the Tesla shop in Rocklin, CA. This is where I ordered my Model 3 in year 2018.

Sure enough, they have several Cybertrucks. All stainless steel, no black ones.

I also saw one on I-80 on my ride back to Auburn. All the ones I saw today were the stainless steel, no more black ones seen since the other day.

I thought the Cybertruck looks extremely well built. Looks like a very tough vehicle close up. Nothing at all like in the photos I have seen.

But I hear it does have some bugs.

I took a few photos of one indoors and another just outside the shop:Cybertruckis.JPGCybertruckos.JPGCB3.JPGCB4.JPG

-Don- Auburn, CA

. If more weight means better range
Only when going downhill. Worse range when uphill or even on level ground, so still the less weight the better.

Unless it can be like that large EV that never needs charging other than regen because it dumps off a very heavy load at the bottom of the hill that it doesn't carry back uphill, so it can run forever on regen with no external charging of any type.

-Don- Auburn, CA

It’s a Truck. Range is one thing, but I need to haul and pull heavy things with my truck. Truck weight will lower carrying and towing capacity. And range will decrease on when towing or hauling.

It’s a Truck. Range is one thing, but I need to haul and pull heavy things with my truck. Truck weight will lower carrying and towing capacity. And range will decrease on when towing or hauling.
Here is what I find on the web:

The Tesla Cybertruck has impressive capabilities when it comes to carrying and towing:
  1. Payload Capacity:
  2. Towing Capacity:
  3. Weight:
In summary, the Tesla Cybertruck is a robust electric pickup with impressive hauling and towing capabilities! 🚚💨🔌12.

-Don- Auburn, CA

Back
Top Bottom