Looking for advice on chassis selection

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Or the Newmar NewAire, which is also a shorter footprint.
The Newmar Ventana (not the LE) I had is a great coach, too. With air ride, 8K generator, Oasis (hydronic heating like Aqua Hot), residential fridge, bath and a half, all electric and 37 feet (model 3709). And my 2016 unit get an ecological tax break in Colorado, plus my mileage averaged around 9 mpg, and that included lots of headwinds at 65 mph on the open road. With no wind it ran closer to 9.7 to 10.3 mpg.

The recent Newmar coaches (including my 2016) also have Comfort Drive steering, which eases the load of tracking straight in crosswinds, trucks passing, etc.

OK 58Hustler, First you need to go drive a Newmar with Comfort Drive. Next don't get all hung up on having a little coach. Because it is more maneuverable? Besides there are many more options in going up a couple of feet. Think about it the difference between 37' and 45' is 8'. Spread that 8' part to the front and part to the back and Yet that can make a world of difference in interior space and livability. Hear is some intersting facts. My last coach was a 38' coach (Bounder) on a FL chassis. My currant coach is a 45' Newmar Mountain Aire on a Spartan. You would think the 38' coach would turn better right. Well the 45' coach has a 6" shorter wheel base than the the 38' coach and it has a sharper wheel cut.
I am on my 4th US map and I have never not been able to find a place to stay.
Bill

Just noticed you sold your Newmar Vantana? Are you planning to replace it or? If you discussed selling I missed post.

Jennifer
Thanks for asking. No, we're not currently looking to replace it, since we had hardly used it in the last year, and are finding that our endurance is way down from a year ago, or even last spring. I guess I'd not mentioned it before.

Larry N,
Totally relate to your slowing down and life interest changes. Just know you and Mary Ann where/will be miss around the Quartzsite camp fire.

Jennifer

Larry N,
Totally relate to your slowing down and life interest changes. Just know you and Mary Ann where/will be miss around the Quartzsite camp fire.

Jennifer
Thanks Jennifer- in many ways we'll miss it too, especially the people. We've had a lot of good times and good discussions with so many great folks over the years.

Ahh Larry, we will miss you and your lovely wife. We will give a toast to he two of you at a Happy Hour this January.
Thanks, Pam- it's been great, and we'll miss seeing you and Kevin.

Since you are looking at the North Star, I'm thinking your budget is around $500k (MSRP)? That gets you into the "near luxury" class and some really nice coaches. Most DPs in that range are 40-43 ft, though. I guess most buyers keep adding space & features and the length inevitably grows. The Tiffin Allegro Bus is available in a 35 ft model and its a lovely & well-made coach. Or the Newmar NewAire, which is also a shorter footprint. Winnebago's high end Journey is also available as a 34 footer.
Thanks for the input Gary. I was not aware of the Winnebago Journey and after checking it out I think I’m more impressed with it than any of the short class A’s that I’ve seen so far, and I’ve looked at several.

I consider it an adjustment in priorities rather than "giving up".
Sometimes it is a matter of accepting what is. It can be very difficult for us to admit that we are not as capable as we once were. At 81 I have struggled with the issue since I am fortunate enough to have good health and few maladies, but none of us have the reflexes or mental agility after we pass 70 that we had at 50. The time comes when we must think of the other people that we share the road with.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Flying B
Back
Top Bottom