Motorcycle Track Days and RVing....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
xrated said:
Are you talking about doing track days or just pulling a trailer behind the M.H. too?  If it's track days, who do you ride with and where.  I see that you are in Northern Indiana, so I'm assuming that you've been to Putnam if you are a T.D. guy.
Sorry, We have been on the road for 6 weeks and I missed your post..

I race off road.... MX, Cross country, etc..  Doing Vintage Nationals for a while now..  (I won 3 National titles this year, 1 AMA, 2 AHRMA)

We travel around the country in the MH pulling a 12 foot enclosed trailer, with 4 or 5 bikes in it most of the time..
On this last trip, we traded our old MH in for a 08 Outlaw toyhauler, so we wont be pulling the trailer behind us as much... ;-).

Bob

Attachments

• mh and dog 002.jpg
    mh and dog 002.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 18
hedhunter9 said:
Sorry, We have been on the road for 6 weeks and I missed your post..

I race off road.... MX, Cross country, etc..  Doing Vintage Nationals for a while now..  (I won 3 National titles this year, 1 AMA, 2 AHRMA)

We travel around the country in the MH pulling a 12 foot enclosed trailer, with 4 or 5 bikes in it most of the time..
On this last trip, we traded our old MH in for a 08 Outlaw toyhauler, so we wont be pulling the trailer behind us as much... ;-).

Bob

Very nice, that sounds like a lot of fun also.  I never did do any MX type riding, but spent three or four years doing enduros back when I was a teenager....early 70s.  I campaigned a drag bike for one summer back in 74 and for the last 11 or 12 years have been doing the track days.  It's all about having fun and enjoying what you are doing.....congrats on the national titles, that's impressive.

I ride too! I have an '02 Honda CBR F4i.  I did a track day years ago with it, but boy is that an expensive hobby and quite intense. :)  I'd love to one day to travel in a luxury toy hauler and travel the roads. Dreams!

And although my track days are over, I love going to the races to watch!  MotoGP, AMA Superbike, etc.  ;D ;D

Dara said:
I ride too! I have an '02 Honda CBR F4i.  I did a track day years ago with it, but boy is that an expensive hobby and quite intense. :)  I'd love to one day to travel in a luxury toy hauler and travel the roads. Dreams!

And although my track days are over, I love going to the races to watch!  MotoGP, AMA Superbike, etc.  ;D ;D

Very Nice.  My wife Peggy started out on an F4 and then went to a 600RR, which she now has for sale (she's retiring from coaching).  I agree, it is not only addictive (hooked on track) but a bit on the expensive side too.  Some of the guys I work with talk about how expensive it must be and I usually tell them that I/we don't really have other hobbies, so this one gets our $$$$.  I know guys that have 60K-70K bass boats and others who play golf and do golf vacations, so this probably is a bit less than some of those.  As far being intense, yes...it can be (and should be if you are doing it correctly).  I've seen 175+ MPH down the back straight at Road Atlanta and frequently am in the 165 MPH range on the front straight at N.C.M.  It's a rush for sure, but then so is out-braking someone into a corner.

We both love watching MotoGP also.  We went to Indy a few times when they ran there and hope to make it to COTA one day.  Keep the shiny side up and thanks for posting in here.

Murvil? you live on the track. 129 been there done that got a tee shirt.  I just got rid of a 82 CB 750-4 super sport but still have my 83 FXR shovelhead. I also have a 71 Honda SL 350 which is my next project bike. I have a little house in Rockingham NC I'm into drag racing. The bottom pic is a guy I met at a hole in the wall bar. He asked about my bike next thing we're doing shots and singing karaoke. He added me to his facebook and I saw his emblem and remembered it. turns out he's a top fuel racer. If yall ever are going that way and need a place to stay I have power, water and a nice creek to stay at. I've always been a screamin demon 500 2 stroke MX person, to old for that now, my bones don't heal like they use to.

Attachments

• SANY0047-20.jpg
    SANY0047-20.jpg
    310.6 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_20150222_123410743_HDR-20.jpg
    IMG_20150222_123410743_HDR-20.jpg
    184.2 KB · Views: 12
  • MikeB.jpg
    MikeB.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 12
Nice lookin' FiXeR, AD. 
I just got rid of an '82 FLT with an S&S 4 3/4" stroker kit.  I'd also replaced the rubber bushings in the swing arm with a steel/bronze set that a buddy machined for me and added nylon inserts to the rubber mount donuts.  The second Evo FLT is the one my wife just sold, along with her '85 Evo FXEF.

Attachments

• 0612101909-00[1].jpg
    0612101909-00[1].jpg
    176.8 KB · Views: 9
Okay, sorry, but I rode that old Shovel around the local dirt track during a 4th of July parade one year.  ;D

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jricker
Back
Top Bottom