My Refrigeratorstoped working

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Year make and model number would help for both your RV and the fridge.

Have you downloaded and read the manual?

In dual fuel fridges the Control circuit is 12vdc, but electric to cool it is 120vac. 12vdc is likely fine as you have some lights on the fridge. You may have two issues. 1) propane not working/empty and 2) 120vac not present due to no inverter or no generator, or no shore power or circuit breaker tripped.

From there, we need to know what you have installed and what you've tested.

Inside the fridge on the left or right sidewall is a sticker that will have the make and model number of the fridge. This will help greatly.

Has it been working and suddenly quit? Have you opened up the outside access panel? Is there any evidence of yellow substance on the back side? (if so, do not touch it).

So you hear, or see a fire in the bottom of the boiler when running on gas?

Charles

So it just stopped this week end all lights are good with 120 power & Gas just filled up yes I hear the Bunner on. It just wont get cold sounds like its on It is in storage so no serial #.

On the lower right is there any kind of powder may look yellow or rust colored. If so cooling unit has most likely gone bad and needs replacing.
There are possible other issues as well.

Is it ‘not cold’ like is to be, or ‘not as cold’ as used to be. Absorption style refrigerator’s even on the coldest setting don’t get as cold inside during hot summer months, verses the cooler winter months.

maybe the cooling stack is cracked and the coolant leaked out. Sadly it cannot be recharged and is very expensive to fix

maybe the cooling stack is cracked and the coolant leaked out. Sadly it cannot be recharged and is very expensive to fix
If the OP is a handy person, it would be a heck of a lot cheaper for them to replace the cooling unit than replacing the entire fridge with a new one. W egg need to figure out what’s wrong before we talk about repair.
To the OP, how old is this fridge?

Opened the back up all dry looks good.
There is no way that anyone can give you any help unless you supply the make and model information. It would also help if you told us how old the refrigerator is. The lights on the display only tell us that there is 12V to the refrigerator. Does it show any error codes? Have you gone through the owner's manual to see if there is any helpful information in it? Most owner's manuals also have at least some diagnostic information for the user. My guess would be that the cooling unit has failed, based on the information you have given to us but you need to be at the unit and ready to do some testing for advice to help.

My refrigerator stopped working lights on wont get cold ele or gas all lights on good gas sounds like its working?
Should not sound like anything. If it’s a 3 way and you hear gurgling it’s likely clogged and the fix is either replacing it or rebuilding it with a new cooling unit. I just replaced my Dometic 6cf 3way after ruining my unit by running it in my driveway without leveling my rig.

Back
Top Bottom