Not your George Foreman grill

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tom

Administrator
Several months ago Chris bought a Ninja Foodi 5-in-1 cooker, and has used it almost exclusively for her cooking needs. It's fast, convenient, cooks accurately, and is easily cleaned. She recently ordered a second one for our OH townhome, and I suspect there'll be another on order for the coach before we leave for WY in the Spring.

Are all the parts easy to clean? My wife loves her Instapot but it has a rubber seal on the lid she finds hard to remove for cleaning.

The chef says absolutely yes. Parts go in the dishwasher.

Can it be used like a crockpot also? The reason I ask is I'm at my gizmo limit, one comes in, one's gotta go. If it could do the crockpot's job, I'll get rid of the crockpot and have more utility

Ours can't be used as a crockpot, but you could check one of the other models.

Actually, I think we may be OVER our Gizmo limit here  ;) ;D

I'm following along with interest.
This looks like a great cooker, but the real test - will you be using it regularly 6 months from now?
If so, I'll pull the trigger!
We have a kitchen gadgetry cemetery full of stuff that seemed like a great idea.....at the time.... :(

That sounds like my late wife. She had to have a Magic Bullet food processor, couldn't get through life without it. Got used twice then took up counter space. Same with the fancy doo da waffle iron, I probably should get rid of it. Then there was the Kindle and IPad. ::)

Can anyone compare a Ninja to an Instapot?
We have an instapot, and so far it seems to be best as a small pressure cooker. Trying to just make a pot of soup or the like, it seems to boil off the water way too fast.

TheBar said:
Are all the parts easy to clean? My wife loves her Instapot but it has a rubber seal on the lid she finds hard to remove for cleaning.

I trade you lids. Our seal has a habit of falling out just when you need it to stay put.

The new Ninja Foodi 7-in1 has a slow cooker function as well as Air-Fry.  For those with the gadget limit, it may be and option.  It isn't cheap.  I have an Instant Pot (a big one) AND an Air Fryer.  As for the Instant Pot, I have a number of gaskets because they tend to absorb odors.  I have one for chicken, one for beef, one for strong vegetables, one for my hard cooked eggs and some spares.  I find them very easy to get in and out and appreciate the ability to clean them thoroughly.

Aye, that air-fry feature is really nice.

RRR said:
I trade you lids. Our seal has a habit of falling out just when you need it to stay put.

The problem with the Instapot seal is when you cook something like a big roast the juices bake on and its like the seal is super glued in place. Not an issue if you are cooking something with a lot of liquid.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Flying B
Back
Top Bottom