P30 chassis electric diagram

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I am aware of that. I put one of the old knife switch versions
How I hated knife switches, but that's all that would fit under the hood of our Explorer toad when I had an auxiliary brake system installed.
into the 1975 Starcraft Galaxy 8 that we had and then used a Perko switch in the Great Divide
I'll avoid discussing the merits of Perko, Guest and Sea battery isolators :)

Of the 3 RV forums that I frequent, only this one seems to call a battery disconnect a "salesman switch."
I've seen "salesman switch" used elsewhere, e.g. IRV2, but it's just an arcane term used to impress newbies with the poster's vast knowledge.

As some of you will know, the term comes from an RV sales persons use (abuse?) of the house battery disconnect to instantly turn all interior lighting & gadgets on/off when displaying an RV. They just leave every branch circuit turned on and use the disconnect to remove all power. That way they can show everything in its best light (pun intended!) yet easily obey their boss's injunction to turn everything off when leaving the coach. Don't want dead batteries for the next customer - or is one of them buys it.

.. the term comes from an RV sales persons use (abuse?) of the house battery disconnect to instantly turn all interior lighting & gadgets on/off when displaying an RV.
A great explanation of that term.

How would anyone new to RV forums and RVs have any idea what a salesman switch is? They might know what a battery isolator or disconnect switch is but very few RVs come with an installed salesman once they are sold.
Good question. I didn't invent the term, nor did I introduce it to this forum. It might be something to add to our Glossary Of RV Terms, but few newcomers would know we have a Glossary :unsure:

but few newcomers would know we have a Glossary
And that is the reason that I have long tried to discourage it's use on this or any forum. Most people who are asking questions are relatively new to RVs and in my opinion we should try and make suggestions and information offered as easily understood and as accurate as we are able.

Most people who are asking questions are relatively new to RVs and in my opinion we should try and make suggestions and information offered as easily understood and as accurate as we are able.
Not sure what your point is, but numerous folks here have done that for many years.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KEC
Back
Top Bottom