Refrigerator Problem; Dometic RM 2652/2852

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

meierjn

Well, it finally happened... I've got an issue with our fridge. A little bit of history regarding the issue.

The fridge had always worked well. We didn't have any issues whether it was plugged in, or running on propane. We've always kept the back-side of the fridge clean and free of dirt or dust. I've double-checked, and it is clean. We were out at a friend's site for the weekend and the fridge worked fine. There was no power, so the fridge ran on propane all weekend without any issues. We came back home, unloaded, and left the fridge off for a couple of days. On a Wednesday evening i plugged the trailer in and turned on the fridge. On Thursday morning, I confirmed that the fridge was cold. All was well! When we went out to load the trailer on Friday before leaving the fridge was no longer nice and cold! I didn't have time to troubleshoot, so we headed out to the lake with our coolers in tow. Over the weekend I tried to get the fridge working on propane or on power and neither would work. The "check" light never comes on whether the fridge is in "auto" or in "gas" mode. When I feel the flue baffle it is warm and when on gas, the burner does light. I've never messed with the climate-control switch, so it has remained in the off position. It should also be noted that the trailer while at home, and at the lake is very level. I know that there are issues with these units when they are not level! The temperature control sensor is in the same position that it has always been.

I've went through the manual and I am at a loss. Normally I'd expect either the electrical, or the propane cooling function to have failed, but not both. If anyone has any suggestions or ideas, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thank you!

It sounds like a bad cooling unit.

Carefully monitor the propane flame to make sure it is staying lit and not cycling at an improper inside cabinet temperature.

You can do the same when the RV is plugged in by using an amp probe on the 120volt fridge circuit.

The propane flame is pretty fool proof. If the flame is there, then you know heat is too.

Are you experiencing no cooling or not enough cooling ?

Back
Top Bottom