Removing the rear view camera

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

garyb1st

I managed to get the metal plate removed and can access the camera. There are 3 large bolts holding the housing in place. The camera has 4 screws that fit into the housing. Problem is they are almost inaccessible. Not enough room for the right angle attachment to my drill. I have a small ratcheting screw driver which is also too big. I have one of those L shaped screw drivers that has a Phillips on one side and flat head on the other. I can get to the screws but the bracket limits the movement.

If anyone ever replaced the camera, please let me know how it's done. One of the 3 bolts that holds the mounting bracket turns a bit but isn't coming out. Goes from hard to easy and then back to hard. Not sure but assume the threads are stripped. I haven't tried the other two since I'm not sure I can reach them. I have an articulated socket which I'm going to try tomorrow but I'm not sure if I should remove the bracket.

Any thoughts are appreciated.

Monitor stopped working. I've got sound but no picture. Don't know if problem is with monitor or camera. The monitor has had problems since we've owned it so I suspect it finally died. Was hoping to replace with a color camera and monitor and use the existing camera mount.

I'll try later today to post a picture.

Both the camera and mount difficult to access. But if l have a choice wh
which one should l remove. Concern is being able to reattach. I'm doing this from an extension ladder and need a 3rd arm to do it.

Attachments

• 20240513_102630.jpg
    20240513_102630.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 13
  • 20240513_102619.jpg
    20240513_102619.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 13
Been debating whether to buy a replacement camera and monitor from RV Cams, $700+ or a wireless camera and monitor which have become very popular and quite a bit less money. The issues with wireless models are latency and signal interference. Then I thought why not check to see if there is a wired camera and monitor that might work.

Long story short, I just bench tested my new Rohent 2 camera 7" monitor wired system. Hooking up the monitor to the Paces cigarette lighter and then the cameras to the monitor is very easy. Both cameras work and the image is quite good. Now the question is where do I put the two cameras and how do I conceal the long wires. The camera comes with three cables, 23', 33' and 43'. They can be used separately or combined for a very long cable.

Got this from Amazon Prime for $89.98. It comes with a 2 year warranty. Hopefully it won't be needed. I'll do an update after I've mounted the cameras.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Flying B
Back
Top Bottom