Revisiting Full Classic Rock Albums from the 60s and 70s

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Google is the Brain Washer. A major player in Mind Control group of Tech Giants. They offer alot of great tools if you are willing to give them the keys to your life digitally. Google has a empty suit at the Gov table that can't be voted out. Gov by Corporation.

I don't use Google Search engine for the opinionated search results, Duck Duck Go.

The internet creates Tribes, and most seem pissed about something. Fat and Pissed off people that only sit around talking about things they are going to do, that never get done.

I try to keep my IP linked to a Juke Box, or RV Forum, Weather Station, in that order.

I am a Googleaholic and proud of it. I must be brain washed. I have been using most all of Google's tools for the last 20 years. If there is a downside to using Google I have never seen it. They are nearly perfect for my needs. My entire life is on their hard drives. Songs, pictures and stories. And free. I can access my whole life from any computer anywhere in the world.

I remember reading one guy in the Band Lover boy, Drown in the San Francisco Bay after a wave knocked him off his sailboat. I was stationed at Ft ord. 7th Light ID back in the early 90s.

Talking about Cold Water in the ocean / bay! The Monterey Trench is out there at some serious Depths brews up some nice Chilly H20! When we arrived we were warned that 10-15 min in the water without wet suit and you will succumb to hypothermia. I never made it in further than ankle deep. Teeth Chattering COLD!

Anybody ever been to John Muir Woods about 10 miles on the Far Side of the Golden Gate Bridge (Oakland Side). Impressive 500-600ft Trees I believe. I was there in the early 90s and very much want to go back to this Place and also revisit Kings Canyon / Sequoia NP. Some of my favorite Places i have ever been to in the USA, and Globe actually.

Never knew I had not heard the entire 25 Minute Version. Soothing the mind this AM.
The album Wish You Were Here has three songs in between the two halves of SYD. See what they did here? The song is about Syd Barrett, a former member of PF who took too many psychedelics and basically blew his mind out. Personally I prefer the version of SYD from P.U.L.S.E. my all time favorite concert:

Even better is the PULSE version of Comfortably Numb:

The disco ball during the guitar solo is truly mind blowing. I wish I would have been there. I can't imagine what the people in the audience were thinking. PULSE is my all time favorite concert. I have watched it hundreds of times. There was a three year period after it was released in 1995 when I watched it almost every night.

Love me a whole lot of Pink Floyd.

Saw a light show at the planetarium maybe 1979 in Fort Worth where your seat naturally have you tilted a bit looking at the ceiling of the venue and a Light show sync-d to The Floyd.

I was 16 years old, and Long Long way from Home.

Saw Foreginer on a Hot Afternoon 1980, at the Cotton Bowl, Dallas Texas, Texas Jam 3, 1980.

Last edited:
I will Dive back in here Real Quick for a mind Blowing Show, personal share, ZZ Top Afterburner. I saw in Austin, Frank Erwin Center, Mid 80s..maybe 85? The Frank Erwin Center right off IH 35 was built like a Tornado as it funneled the seating where the person in front of you is lower. Not a bad seat in the house.

The Afterburner Stage was the Old ZZ Top Car Dashboard, Complete with the 10 ft ZZ Key and Chain in the Ignition. Guitarist/Vocalist standing on each far side of the stage. One Standing on top of the Dash Board Glove Box Door, and One above the Speedometer on the other side.

Huge, Impressive looking stage maybe 10 ft tall? The Middle was lower and it was the Radio of the car, with the Drum kit sitting on Top where the drummer, Frank Beard Sat.

Anyway about half way thru the Show the Arena Goes Dark and Silent for about 5 min. Boom, Lights reappear, The Facade of the Dash now was now Digital, LED Read out, with Lazers tucked in there to shine the visual effects in the air of the venue playing to Legs and all the songs that album produced. I am guessing they pumped the Arena with that disco ball myst, or maybe the crowd was inhaling, while it was dark? The Laser show was the best Stage Performance, with Effects I have ever been to, Bar None. No Hi Definition stuff back then, and I can't find any great footage of those shows.

Saw ZZ as a Warm up to Aerosmith concert I went to in The Woodlands, North Houston in 2009. I remember thinking I just saw the Last show ever by Aerosmith as the next show he fell off the stage and broke his shoulder at Sturgis Buffalo Chip. I think at that time Steven Tyler had fallen off the wagon sobriety again. The Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion was the place of the show which is a Perfect Place to catch a show and I was there right after they repaired it after Hurricane Ike that tore up Galveston and that Whole Area of the Gulf in 2008.

Venue is outdoors, and is shaped similiar to a Pro Baseball Field it has 6500 covered seats in what would be the Infield, and out field is blanket, lawn chair grassy area. The stage would be located behind the home plate area to paint the picture in your mind of how it looks. It now holds 16,000 as the total capacity. Google image that place, Beautiful environment we staggered back to the Marriott afterwards where we were staying. In 2009 ZZ just touring with the Gear to Play, nothing elaborate. Playing the Old Stuff...to Old fans like myself.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fth
Back
Top Bottom