Rv dealers near Pgh, Pa

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

oldwildman

We're starting to shop for a Class a RV. Not buying real soon but want to look around and figure out what features we want. Tried to google for dealers with inventory somewhere near me but not having much luck. Anyone know of any dealers with used stock within 100 miles of so of Pgh? Thanks!

I would widen the search, especially since you are just shopping now. Look at well-known dealers such as PTL and MHSRV both are in Texas. These dealers will give you a broad view of used models and both are known for providing good prices. PTL is more of a consignment dealer but last time I checked with them they showed sold pricing on some models.

If you haven't been advised already I would avoid Camping Worlds. If there is one near you and you want to walk the lot fine, but I wouldn't get into a sales conversation with them. CW also has affiliate dealers like Meyers RV, such as the one in Hamburg, NY. I'm not sure how the connection works but dealers that CW had taken over have somehow reverted to their previous name, my guess is to hide the CW name.

I would widen the search, especially since you are just shopping now. Look at well-known dealers such as PTL and MHSRV both are in Texas. These dealers will give you a broad view of used models and both are known for providing good prices. PTL is more of a consignment dealer but last time I checked with them they showed sold pricing on some models.

If you haven't been advised already I would avoid Camping Worlds. If there is one near you and you want to walk the lot fine, but I wouldn't get into a sales conversation with them. CW also has affiliate dealers like Meyers RV, such as the one in Hamburg, NY. I'm not sure how the connection works but dealers that CW had taken over have somehow reverted to their previous name, my guess is to hide the CW name.
Yeah, I don't mind widening the search but Texas is a bit far. Close enough for a weekend road trip would be fine.

Already found out about camping world. They seem to rule the roost around here. Went to some websites for others and, when I went to look at inventory, I always wound up on the same site no matter where I started.

Larry, Thank you for the correction, lol!

Oldwildman, what I meant by looking at PPL and MHRVS was to just peruse their websites, and sort of let your fingers do the shopping.
Both of these dealers have large inventories that may give you an idea of what a particular RV you find closer to home should sell for,

Another good site for looking is RVUSA.COM. I have found this site often has the Mfgs. original specs on models such as freshwater or black and grey tank capacity etc.

Larry, Thank you for the correction, lol!

Oldwildman, what I meant by looking at PPL and MHRVS was to just peruse their websites, and sort of let your fingers do the shopping.
Both of these dealers have large inventories that may give you an idea of what a particular RV you find closer to home should sell for,

Another good site for looking is RVUSA.COM. I have found this site often has the Mfgs. original specs on models such as freshwater or black and grey tank capacity etc.
We've been looking at a lot of them online. RV Trader and facebook marketplace have quite a few to look at. It has narrowed down some of our choices. But there's a lot we can't figure out from pics. That's why I was hoping there was someplace that we could go that had at least a few models to tour. We went to a couple of places that had some a couple of years ago. That's how I sold Debbie on the idea. :) But, camping world bought out one and all they seem to have is trailers. And the other closed.

We're not worried about pricing just yet. We have a limit but it's not set in stone. The main thing we have to decide on is length. And pics just don't help with that. A 40 would be nice. We've seen quite a few online that we liked. But, in calling some rv parks, that will limit our choices at times. We want to see how much shorter we can go and still be comfortable.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boklm
Back
Top Bottom