RV Park vs. Campground

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This is camping - possibly to include sleeping in the back of a pickup truck:

fseprd923724.jpg

This is not camping:

LED-Illuminated-Patio-Mat-with-Wave-Design.jpeg
You should insert “In my opinion” .

But since all that area was closed, all the RV parks in the area were packed like sardine cans.

Seems strange they would want us all packed together because of COVID.

-Don- Reno, NV
The other really dumb things a lot of RV Parks or campgrounds did even towards the end of COVID was to close laundry rooms because they did not want us congregating there, as if we like to congregate in laundry rooms. This meant we had to go to commercial laundromats, which are a lot more crowded than an RV park laundry room with only a couple of washers and dryers. I ended up doing a lot of washing out of stuff in my bathroom sink. Luckily, arrived at one of my son's houses where I could use their equipment.

Of course it's my opinion. Everything anyone posts on here is their opinion.
Not necessarily. There is a lot of fact posted on this forum. You posted something as fact;
”This is camping”
”This is not camping”.
The only statement you left out was “Nuff said”.

Whose facts? It's like climate change. Fred says 'X', Sally says 'Y'. Both of them can back up their opinion with "facts". Whose facts are more factual, the one with more pages in their report...or the one who talks louder than the other?
Just the fact that you said both can back up their opinions with facts says it all.

Some common examples of RV parks and campgrounds:

Shenandoah Valley Campground, LLC
RV sites with full hookups and cable TV
Tent sites
Cabins

Ft Chiswell RV Park
RV sites with full hookups and cable TV
Tent sites

Little Cedar Creek Campground
RV sites with full hook ups
Tent sites
Cabins

Sumter Oaks RV Park
RV sites with full hookups
Tent sites

Of course it's my opinion. Everything anyone posts on here is their opinion.
As much as possible I try to pass on actual "facts" and "generally accepted" procedures or principles obtained from expert sources. Granted there is some room for interpretation there, but when I post that LP gas pressure inside the RV is approximately 0.5 psi, that's not just my opinion. But if I post that your trailer sway is caused by insufficient tongue weight, that's an opinion and I try to remember to identify it as such.

The problems arise when opinions are conflated with and expressed as facts, as in it's less about what is right and more about who. I'm not personally aware of any distinction except where those luxury resorts restrict access to certain classes of RV's. Not sure it matters anyway. Not that much camping goes on in most of them around here regardless. They're usually full of MH's and Fiver's whose occupants sequester themselves in front of TV's or Screens all day while the A/C's blast away. Most don't even come outside to cook.

That was the lower campground at Grand Gulf Military Park (Civil war site) in Mississippi about 30 miles south of Vicksburg

Yeah, but there are those places in between like:
That's similar to the COE parks I stay in when I go back to Arkansas. I'd class that as a campground since you don't have any problem walking between your rig and your neighbor's rig.

The "RV park" photo is in Quartzsite, the "campground" pic is DeMotte campground near the north rim of the Grand Canyon.

Back
Top Bottom