RV parks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
(I see you’ve already addressed the first decision I mentioned in your other thread 😉)
Yes, there’s (very few) parks with an age rule. Our Rosie just turned 11. If I really wanted to stay at one of those parks, I’m nearly positive a picture of her would get us in the gate. I’m also nearly positive I wouldn’t care to stay at one of those parks.

Such parks do exist, but are few and far between, also most will allow older RV's in if the owner submits a photo showing it to be in good condition.

a few expensive Class A MH “resorts” have restrictions. Usually a picture of a well cared for coach will allow you access. A few more have the restriction for long term rentals, a month or more. You generally find the restrictions in high priced areas like the Florida or California coasts, though there are also some in high priced mountain areas. But we have never stayed at a place with such restrictions, and we have been camping and RVing for 40 years.

We have a 99-5th wheel and have never had a problem staying at any camp grounds. We don't stay at any of the fancy resorts though.

More of the same info here. We are relative "newbies" only having an RV since 2003 but we have never had a park ask the age of our various rigs. Apparently we're not upper scale enough to visit that sort of park, LOL.

It’s all about the “appearance” of age. Our coach is a 2006, which means it is now 17 years old. But it still looks new. That’s the key. We’ve stayed at some “high class” resorts last year with the 10-year rule and no one ever said a word.

They just don’t want something like this in the park…

Attachments

• 07321029-061B-4F8D-B000-DB9A5691C9BD.jpeg
    07321029-061B-4F8D-B000-DB9A5691C9BD.jpeg
    138.9 KB · Views: 11
Prior comments are valid. I've been asked about the age of our coach on a number of occasions, and reply with "it's a 2003 that we bought new in 2004". No further discussion, but I'm always ready to email a photo. Most folks who see our coach don't believe it's a 2003.

State Parks, State and National forests, COA (corps of engineers), KOA's, and Good Sam campgrounds don't have any 10 year rules. But, I suppose it's all depends upon the type of camping one likes to do too?

State Parks, State and National forests, COA (corps of engineers), KOA's, and Good Sam campgrounds don't have any 10 year rules. But, I suppose it's all depends upon the type of camping one likes to do too?
I would say this is generally true, we have been to exactly 1 RV park which had a strict 20 year rule in Arizona, our coach was 18 years old at the time. The place was filled with ran town travel trailers, with peeling vinyl graphics, broken windows patched with cardboard and duct tape, etc. if they were over or under 20 years old I don't know, what I do know is most of look like they have been there for a long time.

Although my DW and I have never encountered a campground with the 10-year rule, we've never had a rig 10 years old yet, and I don't think we ever will. Why? Because in my humble opinion, these types of businesses will be snobbish, expensive $$$$, and have the name "resort" attached to the name of the place with amenities such as fishing ponds, multiple pools, game rooms, concrete pads, and more.

Give us a nice level, dirt, sand, grass, or stone treed site, we don't care, with some sun and good utilities and a little elbow room on the corners and we're all set.

Getting harder to find these places with the chain conglomerates buying up the mom and pops.

We don't patronize high end parks that might enforce an age rule for all guests. The few parks we've stayed in that do have age rules such as 10 years only apply them to long term monthly, seasonal, or year round guests.

Speaking of weird rules, This RV Resort limits the row of sites on the river to Class A's and REQUIRE that you pull into the site, facing the river, I suppose so you can "enjoy the view" from inside your RV.

Charles
We stayed in a park in Oakhurst, CA one time that had river front sites where the hookups were placed such that you pulled into the site facing the river instead of backing in.

I'm currently camped along the Arkansas River. I'm across the road from the river so I can have the view out of my windshield. There's a guy down the way who nosed in to one of the riverside sites and got out a long water hose and an extension cord to run under the coach for his hookups. I carry extensions, but not quite that much extension.

We stayed in a park in Oakhurst, CA one time that had river front sites where the hookups were placed such that you pulled into the site facing the river instead of backing in.

I'm currently camped along the Arkansas River. I'm across the road from the river so I can have the view out of my windshield. There's a guy down the way who nosed in to one of the riverside sites and got out a long water hose and an extension cord to run under the coach for his hookups. I carry extensions, but not quite that much extension.
We parked pulled in to a back in site at Ft Clinch State Park in Florida, using an extra length of hose and an extension cord for electric so we had an ocean view from the front of our coach. We've done the same thing at a site we like at Robert Moses State Park on the Canadian border in upstate NY overlooking the St Lawrence Seaway at the Eisenhower Lock. Neither site had sewer a hookup, so that wasn't an issue.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
watt100
Back
Top Bottom