Songs for inauguration day

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We play/sing a version of Hallelujah in the Delta Strummers, but it doesn't sound like the Pentatonix performance  :(

Well I'll be darned ... I picked up a guitar and attempted to sing Hallelujah for the first time in 3 years. Surprisingly, it came out OK, although nothing like performance-worthy. Not sure I could "project" though.

I am happily listening to the Inauguration playlist on Spotify. Thanks for the info.

Tom, we?re you ever able to get to your speech therapist for your singing voice? I hope there is still hope!

[quote author=UTTransplant]... we?re you ever able to get to your speech therapist for your singing voice? I hope there is still hope![/quote]
Thanks for asking. It's been a long road (almost 3 years). After several ENT Docs and several speech/vocal therapists, UCSF diagnosed a breathing issue - insufficient breath to support the notes while singing. They changed a couple of meds and also prescribed a 2x monthly injection ($5,000 a pop), saying it can take a few weeks to several months to work.

I practice singing (accompanied by my guitar &/or ukulele) every morning, but still have a way to go. I'm hopeful! Two days ago Chris was in the other room and said "I enjoyed that song", so maybe I'm slowly getting somewhere.

Tom said:
I enjoyed this unusual rendition of America The Beautiful performed by the US Navy Band:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSqVkuTegxY
[/quote

I'm in love with that rendition!  Thanks for sharing.]

I picked up a guitar and attempted to sing Hallelujah for the first time in 3 years. Surprisingly, it came out OK, although nothing like performance-worthy.

Two days ago Chris was in the other room and said "I enjoyed that song", so maybe I'm slowly getting somewhere.

Hey, that's great, Tom. Hopefully it'll continue to get better.

Crossing my fingers Larry. I can't yet project, but hopefully that will come with time and practice. I miss the days that I could sing and project unaided in a theater, while other soloists had to use mic's. Right now, I can't project far into the next room  :(

Tom said:
Crossing my fingers Larry. I can't yet project, but hopefully that will come with time and practice. I miss the days that I could sing and project unaided in a theater, while other soloists had to use mic's. Right now, I can't project far into the next room  :(
I had the same abilities until about 5 years ago. All of a sudden, I had to start using a mic! I chatted with my director about it (he taught voices a university) and he said I was just getting older. Sigh. A university teacher in my current choir said she could help, but then COVID came so it went on hold.

Wow! I always thought Leanne Rhymes did my favourite version of Hallelujah, but having just watched the version on here, I might have to reconsider.
TonyL

Arch Hoagland said:
Hallelujah by Leonard Cohen

This is a good version. Not bad for a Child.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bmx--WjeN7o

Thanks for that link Tom. Fabulous! They were singing a Christmas version (different lyrics), but I still thoroughly enjoyed it. Having worked with 3rd-5th graders, some with learning challenges, teaching them to play a uke and sing, I can understand all too well how tough it must have been to keep the chorus focused.

Interesting lyrics in Hallelujah,  the stuff about tying to the kitchen chair.  Never understood. 

Interesting unifying song there, 'We Take Care of Our Own'.  Don't know that one.

Oldgator73 said:
I guess I don?t know the history of the song. What?s the sad day in American history?

President Trump was a good negotiater. I hope President Biden will be as good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ks2SXmI4Njc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7J6dRkJjOI

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fth
Back
Top Bottom