Walmart overnight parking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
but never one endorsed by Walmart Corporation or even a single store.
Yep. The BS I often hear is to buy some stuff at the Wal*Mart.

IMO, nobody notices or cares if we do or not.

However, I rarely pass a Wal*Mart without buying a few things when I am RVing. And if I do stay at one overnight, there is no doubt I will go in and buy a few things. But not because I believe anybody cares.

-Don- Auburn, CA

Maybe its ok and maybe it aint but if i dont ask im afraid my mother will come down and smack me on the back of my head for forgetting my manners 🤣
Yeah, I am kinda saying the same. If it makes you feel better, ask. But I feel better by NOT asking and bothering working people who have better things to do.

-Don- Auburn, CA

We stayed at Walmarts. Never asked. If there were no other RV’s there we just moved on. We normally pulled in around 2300-midnight, had a bite to eat and couple glasses of wine and pulled out about 0600.

We once pulled into a Walmart about 5;00 and saw signs on every pole NO OVERNIGHT PARKING so we thought we would go in and pick up a few things we, saw a cart boy picking up carts so i asked if we could park and told him about the signs, he by morning you will see about 6 RVs and about 6 18 wheelers so we parked with no problem.

Back in the day I used to go inside and ask, even though I had guides reporting that location did allow RV parking. After the 4th or 5th time getting blank stares from a Customer Service rep or hearing them call out "Hey Fred, this guy wants to know if we let RVs park", I decided I was wasting my time and theirs. But if I didn't know the status I would certainly ask, if only to avoid the hassle of being told to move at 11 pm!

I once had a private cop knock on my door at around 6:30 pm and say we were welcome to stay at that Walmart, but he recommended we move to another Walmart across town where it was "more quiet and safer". He said this neighborhood was pretty rough after dark. We moved.

I once had a private cop knock on my door at around 6:30 pm and say we were welcome to stay
Tom & I were boondocked out in the desert not far from Las Vegas. Down a dirt road a ways. Just before dark, a cop knocked. We then realized we could be seen from the freeway.

The cop didn't exactly ask us to leave, but he mentioned they had been finding bodies dumped out in that area from murders in Las Vegas.

We decided to leave that area. But that was many years ago, I can't now remember where we went from there.

-Don- Auburn, CA

Back in the day I used to go inside and ask, even though I had guides reporting that location did allow RV parking. After the 4th or 5th time getting blank stares from a Customer Service rep or hearing them call out "Hey Fred, this guy wants to know if we let RVs park", I decided I was wasting my time and theirs. But if I didn't know the status I would certainly ask, if only to avoid the hassle of being told to move at 11 pm!

I once had a private cop knock on my door at around 6:30 pm and say we were welcome to stay at that Walmart, but he recommended we move to another Walmart across town where it was "more quiet and safer". He said this neighborhood was pretty rough after dark. We moved.
Good point Gary, it's difficult to imagine how harried those customer service reps are, especially in Sam's Clubs, where it's defcon 1 code red from an hour after to opening to closing. Both Walmart and Sam's Clubs build zero redundancy into their staffing, meaning workers there are often up against unachievable expectations. If there's no sign, park it out on the perimeter, no one cares.

I am now Boondocked at the Wally*Mart in Wasco, CA (Hwy 46 near Hwy 99). I would feel like a jerk if I bothered anybody here to ask. They look understaffed --at least at night.

On the way down here it was quite hot (still very warm here at night) and my cab A/C wasn't working as well as it should. In the Wal*Mart here, they have the R-134a, but all locked up. I couldn't find anybody to unlock the glass cabinet--all the workers were very busy at the other end of the store. Nobody in the auto section. So I didn't buy it as I wasn't going to wait around all night.

But I still managed to spend $150.00 in there for this trip, just for food & drinks. I started out with almost nothing since I could not turn on the fridge until I left (not level at my house in Auburn).

-Don- Wasco, CA

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
badsyn
Back
Top Bottom